Chapter 34: Death

Yeonjun glanced at Yeji in worry. She rode alongside him on the magic broom but she wasn't focused. This worried him a lot because not only was that person trying to hunt her down but she's also worrying about what happened to Hyunjin. Yeonjun curses as he took one of his potions this morning and its effect won't run out for another hour or so. He can't use his eyes to threaten whoever is attacking them.

As Yeonjun was staring at Yeji, his world turned upside down. Literally... Jungkook flipped his broom causing him to roll. Yeji stopped her broom as she asks, "YEONJUN! ARE YOU OKAY?" Yeonjun yells, "YEJI RUN!"

Jungkook sighs as he steps on Yeonjun's hand, "Oops. I finally caught up to you too though. You have quite the friend group. Sure, I prepared to fight the demigod but that witch and warlock? Wow, were they a surprise. Any other surprises or should I kill you now?" Yeji stutters, "W-what did you do to Hyunjin?" Jungkook replies, "Nothing. Just tortured him but he's alive. You're the only one I want to kill, Hwang Yeji. You're my last act of revenge before I can finally live my life in peace. Can you do that for me, please? Can you die by my hands?" Yeji stutters, "I-I didn't do anything to you! I don't even know you!"

Jungkook's facial expression drops, "Your family took everything from me. So I'll take their miracle child." Yeji's eyes widen as Jungkook darts towards her but Beomgyu arrived just in time. He slammed Jungkook into the ground as he flew in. He looks at Yeji surprised, "Sorry, you two flew by so quickly I didn't get to ask what was happening. I hope this is the bad guy."

Jungkook gripped his ankle and tossed him away as Beomgyu stopped midair using his wings. He groans in irritation, "I ALREADY KILLED ONE OF YOU, I DON'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE ELSE EXCEPT FOR YEJI!"

Beomgyu's eyes widen as Yeji and Yeonjun stare at him in fear. Jungkook activates the pentagram on his palm as he summons Kai's scythe and says, "Look familiar?" Yeji stutters, "B-but... how? He's a grim reaper." Jungkook snorts, "I'm prepared, Hwang. I did come here to kill you after all."

Jungkook points the scythe at Yeji as he says, "So save all your friends the trouble and come here and die. Okay?" Yeji looks at him in hesitation wanting to succumb to his deal but Jungkook was once again slammed onto the ground.

But this one was personal.

Ryujin stood on Jungkook's back with her eyes bright red and her horns fully out. Her wings were large and sharp as her tail looked more dangerous than usual. Jungkook groaned in pain as Ryujin lifted him up into the sky by his collar.

Kai and Hyunjin followed right after as they looked for Yeji. Hyunjin says, "Sis, we have to get you somewhere safe. This guy is crazy." Kai quickly grabs his scythe and poofs it away. He says, "Don't let him bite you. He sucks the magic out of you and he'll kill you." Beomgyu says, "He said he killed you." Kai says, "Long story. Yuna resurrected me. We save Yeji, okay?" Yeonjun joins in, "What's the plan?"

Yeji says, "We should stick to the original plan and get to the Dean. They'll know how to handle this the best." Beomgyu says, "You'd think he'd notice the situation by now." Hyunjin curses, "What if Jungkook planned this? What if he dealt with the dean?"

Beomgyu raises his voice, "GUYS! THINK! Ryujin is fighting him alone! We have to hurry." Yeonjun says, "Get her off the island. Her parents are definitely strong enough to protect her." Kai says, "The last ferry leaves in an hour." Beomgyu adds, "There are tons of guards on them. She'll be safe." Kai says, "We'll distract him, Yeonjun make sure she gets there. Worst case scenario..."

Yeonjun says, "I know. I'm prepared." They all nod as Beomgyu glances up at the two fighting.

Ryujin was choking Jungkook with her tail. He tried his best fighting off her two hands that kept hitting his face. She grits her teeth, "You ruin everything for me like you did for mom and the rest of the family. You're a piece of shit, Jungkook." Jungkook laughs, "Runs in the family, eh? And I thought you didn't like mom?" She stabs her sharp nails into his eyes as she says, "I don't. I just hate you more." Jungkook chuckles as Ryujin strangles him with her tail and pokes his eyes out with her sharp nails. He says, "Don't forget your place, little sis. You're nothing compared to me or mom."