Chapter 32: His Revenge

Yeji and Yeonjun finally find the person they were looking for, or demon in this case. Ryujin was flying around frantically until she made eye contact with Yeji. The succubus flew down to see Yeji smiling at her nervously while holding Yeonjun's hand. The vampire moved up slowly and said in a worried tone, "Anything?"

Ryujin shakes her head as Yeji says, "W-we have to report him missing then... M-maybe something bad happened to him." Ryujin says, "Yeji, please. He's not just a vampire but also your brother. If anything he got drunk and is stuck somewhere randomly. I've barely checked the entire island yet so we just have to keep looking. Hyunjin's strong, we just have to find him."

Yeji bites her lip worried as Yeonjun says, "We're going to report it to the main office." Ryujin turns to the gorgon as he says, "They'll help us look. More eyes in the sky is always a good thing, right?" Yeji nods her head as Ryujin sighs, "I guess..." She turns to fly away until she notices two other familiar faces.

Chaeryeong and Taehyun stare at her from afar. Ryujin closes her wings on her back as she walks up to them. Chaeryeong bites her lip, "Let's talk." Ryujin nods her head saying, "Still mad at me?" The mermaid nods her head slightly as Ryujin sighs and lets Chaeryeong lead them to a more private spot.

Taehyun walks up to Yeji and Yeonjun is confused as he asks, "What's with the worried looks?" Yeji whispers, "Hyunjin's been missing." Taehyun's eyes widened because he remembered Ryujin looking for him but never expected it to be this bad. Yeonjun asks, "Can you talk to fish and help us look for him in the sea?" Taehyun says a bit offended, "Did you just assume I can talk to fish? Just because my dad is the god of the ocean?" Yeonjun nods hesitantly as Taehyun pouts, "Well, I can but... I don't assume you can talk to snakes. Do I?" Yeonjun replies, "I can talk to snakes." Taehyun pouts again, "Not my point but I will help you. I'll wait for Chaeryeong then we can help find your brother." Yeji smiles softly, "Thank you."

"Do you think I'm evil?"

"Your mom's evil."

Ryujin rolls her eyes, "So what? There's a reason I don't stay with her or my brother. I don't like them, Chaer." Chaeryeong whispers, "T-then why did you not tell us? Did you not trust us?" Ryujin replies, "This is exactly why! I'm the same Ryujin you love to hang out with but since you found out my lineage, you've been avoiding me. I just want to be normal, Chaer."

Chaeryeong glances at her eyes, "I was scared." Ryujin stays quiet as Chaeryeong says, "I was scared. I was scared that everything you told me was a lie and that everything that happened between us was fake. I was scared that you set me up with Taehyun for your evil plan and–"

Ryujin interrupts, "You're overthinking again." Chaeryeong raises her voice, "Which is why I'm here. I'm here to apologize. I overreacted and didn't think straight. I'm sorry." Ryujin smiles softly, "Apology accepted. I'm glad you don't hate me. I really like hanging out with you." Chaeryeong says, "Me too. I'm sorry for judging." Ryujin replies, "It's fine. I'm glad you came to me and apologized."

...

"Haven't we been here before?"

Yuna hushes him then whispers, "Y-yeah, it's where you left me. Is the pentagram on your palm?" Kai nods as Yuna says, "I've set up the others, so we're set." Yuna turns into her pixie form as Kai waits outside patiently.

Yuna flew into Jungkook's cave and two things caught her eyes. The newly placed cage and Kai's scythe in the wall. But Jungkook wasn't there. Yuna quickly flies into the cage and scouts around. Her eyes widened at the chained up Hyunjin. He was unconscious and obviously fatigued. Yuna flew up to the ceiling and found a hidden spot for Kai to hide in. She quickly drew a pentagram on the floor and muttered a spell to teleport him in.