Chapter 22: Relationships

"Is Beomgyu here?"

Taehyun turns his head to see Seyoung at the cavern they were in. They all dried up and ended up having a picnic with food they all brought in. He turns to the rest, "Did he even show up?" Yeonjun says, "He was here for a little bit. He said he was going to study with you a while ago." Seyoung looked at them confused, "He wasn't at the library and I finished early so I wanted to come here and hang out." Yeji says, "Maybe something came up, I wouldn't worry too much about Beomgyu." Seyoung smiles, "Yeah, you're right."

"Seyoung?"

Seyoung turns and smiles seeing Beomgyu staring at her confused. He stutters, "I-I thought you were studying." She replies, "I finished early and came here to hang out." Seyoung walked closer to him but that's when she grew even more confused. She smiles trying to hide her nervousness, "Can we talk outside, real quick? Privately." Beomgyu nods as he follows her so they are alone.

Seyoung says a bit angry and confused, "Why do you smell like that?" Beomgyu raises his eyebrows then quickly sniffs his shirt. It smelled like smoke and alcohol. Seyoung asks, "Where were you?" He smiles back, "I went to the Demonic Caves but don't worry! I didn't do anything, I promise." Seyoung asks, "Then what's that?" Beomgyu glances down to see smear marks of Ryujin's make up on his plain white shirt from when she hugged him.

Beomgyu says, "Oh that was from Ryujin." Seyoung raises her eyebrow as he says, "Sorry, I'll explain... It's just that I was worried for her. Yeji and Yeonjun were talking about how she was hanging out with the wrong people and that she won't talk to any of us. I wanted to go there and try to convince her to come with me so we can all help her. She's still a friend."

Seyoung glances at him realizing he had good intentions and says softly, "Okay... you don't need to lie about it. I'm sure everyone would understand if you wanted to help a friend out... Lying just makes me worry. I'm sorry if I sound jealous or mean... It's just... no more lying, okay?" Beomgyu smiles and pecks her lips, "I'm sorry. I promise I won't lie ever." Seyoung smiles and boops his nose, "Take your shirt off." His eyes widened, "What?"

Seyoung giggles, "I may or may not have brought swim trunks so we can swim... Now take it off, so I can throw you in the water." He smiles back, "Take yours off, for no particular reason." She laughs hearing his obvious lie, "Are you going to throw me in the water?" Beomgyu stays quiet realizing he just promised not to lie.

"I love you, Choi Beomgyu."

"I love you too, Park Seyoung."

The following day...

Knock knock

Lia quickly shuffles out of her bed and opens the door to her dorm. Soobin smiles at her and says, "Hey, how are you?" She replies a bit tired, "Fine... I've been brainstorming on what to do and it's been stressful. What about you?" Soobin rubs his nape and says, "I actually just came back from talking to one of the professors. I got my project down and I was thinking if you'd want to take a break together and get lunch." She looks at him in disbelief, "Y-you got your project already?" Soobin replies a bit confused, "Well yeah, it wasn't that hard."

Lia stared at him in embarrassment. Not that hard? She's been on her bed the entire day thinking and brainstorming when she's not studying or doing homework. Lia was in a stump and she couldn't find anything that was creative enough or even possible to do. Now he comes here and says it's easy?

Lia stutters, "R-right... I don't think I can. I still have to find my project... it's difficult for some of us..." Soobin looks at her in surprise. He didn't mean it like that. He says, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult you." Lia says, "Well, you did. What's your project anyway?" He replies, "I-I shouldn't tell you. We're competing, Jisu."