Chapter 16: Beauty

Yeji sighs and says, "I still have that paper due... Nevermind! Let's focus on school later, what do you want to eat?" Yeji sat with Chaeryeong outside on a bench as they talked until their stomachs rumbled. The place was fairly crowded as many went to the park to relax and speak with their friends in between classes. Chaeryeong notices an unfamiliar yet eerily familiar person walking towards her. The talking around them silenced as Yeji glanced at the mermaid waiting for her response. Chaeryeong says, "Actually, I think I had something to do regarding the student body and stuff... I'll see you later."

Yeji looks at her confused as Chaeryeong suddenly flakes out on her. Before she could turn to approach the mermaid again, two hands cover her eyes. Yeji gasps as she places her hands on the other as Yeonjun whispers, "Guess who?" Yeji caresses his hands in confusion as she feels soft skin instead of his usual rough scales. Yeji says, "I know it's you Yeonjun." Yeonjun smiles and turns her around while releasing his hands. Yeji stared at him in awe. He was a totally different person.

Yeonjuns stared at her with his parted smooth black hair and dreamy eyes. His strong jawline along with his plump limps and cute nose caused her to blush in sudden panic. Yeji's face turns red as Yeonjun asks, "Beautiful, right?" Yeji stood there speechless. She tried to be respectful and calm herself because she didn't want to insult him in any way. She didn't want him to feel like she prefers his human form over his gorgon form because in reality she didn't care how he looked.

Yeji stutters, "Y-you're... Y-you... H-handsome..." She can't get over the shock. Yeji already thought he was handsome as a gorgon but now she's astounded. Yeji didn't know perfect could get any better. She was full on simping for the gorgon.

Yeonjun can't help but chuckle at her being flustered. He asks, "Is it really that much different? Should I stay like this forever?" Yeji instantly replies, "N-no! I m-mean you look great! B-but I don't care how you look." She turns around and covers her face in embarrassment while whispering, "I look terrible right now... I just got off a morning class and I'm starving and–" Yeonjun quickly turns her around and kisses her lips to shut her up. He whispers, "If you're hungry, you can have a bite?" She suddenly exhales at his attractiveness with her hot breath hitting his face.

Yeonjun laughs and backs away, "Is it really that different? I thought I looked the same." Yeji says shyly, "Well, you were always handsome." He smiles at her, "Sorry, I'm fishing for compliments. How was class?" Yeji twirls her hair and says, "Can we go somewhere private? They're staring."

Yeonjun glances around the notices the large ground around him. He chuckles, "This is a first. I know a good restaurant. Let's go, love." Yeji blushes even more as she stutters, "W-what?" Yeonjun looks at her and smiles, "Aren't we dating now? After all that happened last time, I thought you also... liked me." Yeji replies, "I do like you." He answers back, "And I like you too. So we're dating now and you're my love. So let's get going, love."

Yeji looks around to see the curious and jealous eyes of everyone. She scoffs. They weren't like this before he completely changed his appearance. A spike of confidence runs up her spine as she takes his hand and walks by his side to get some brunch.

...

Knock knock

Seyoung carefully opens her door as Beomgyu peaks through the small gap smiling at the shy Seyoung. Seyoung stood there twirling her hair a bit shy and nervous. Her first date ever and it was with such a beautiful angel. Beomgyu asks, "Are you ready?" They've gone on so many dates now but everytime Beomgyu picks her up, she gets nervous.

Seyoung stood there shyly twirling her hair in her skirt and sweater staring at who she was lucky enough to call her boyfriend. She nods her head as Beomgyu extends his hand and grabs her. Beomgyu smiles as the two fly out onto another date. This time it was a picnic.

They flew to a random spot in the nearby park and quickly chose the flattest area in the grass. Beomgyu handed Seyoung the basket so she could lay out the mat and bring out the food he bought beforehand. Beomgyu on the other hand lit up the candles he brought to deter bugs and give them some light. He glances at Seyoung and asks, "Are you cold? I didn't expect you to wear a skirt." Seyoung blushes as she places down the sandwiches, "I-I thought it would be cute."

Beomgyu turns to her and laughs, "You're cute and you have really beautiful legs. If anything, you should wear more skirts." Seyoung stared at him unamused as Beomgyu smirks at her. She extends her hands as she says, "Pervert." He chuckles and tosses her a blanket which she uses to warm her legs.

Beomgyu takes a seat next to her on the mat as he kisses her cheek, "How's your classes going?"

Several minutes later...

Beomgyu smiles at Seyoung and whispers, "Sweet dreams, see you tomorrow? Lunch again with the others?" Seyoung nods as she moves up to him and kisses his cheek. Beomgyu bids her goodbye and flies away. Seyoung notices her hands still holding a blanket as she blushes, "Shoot, I forgot to give this back." She glances back to see her roommate sleeping soundly and turns back out, "I'll just catch up to him, real quick." Seyoung flies out to chase after Beomgyu or meet him at his dorm.

Beomgyu on the other hand, had a small detour. His eyes darted to a specific bench as he flew out. He whispers, "Ryujin?" He quickly flies down to see her unconscious on the bench. Beomgyu moves closer and quickly notices the smell of alcohol. Beomgyu's eyes widen as he glances around. His fist clenched as he hisses, "Her friends just left her here?" Ryujin suddenly sneezes and Beomgyu glances at her shivering teeth. He reaches into his basket and sighs, "Shoot, I left my blanket with Seyoung."

Beomgyu glances at the knocked out Ryujin and sighs. He quickly carries her bridal style and extends his wings. He whispers, "What dorm building was she in again..."

Beomgyu flew for what felt like hours until he remembered what dorm room she was in. He quickly checked her pockets for a key but they were empty. He sighed and knocked on the door hoping Yeji would answer but she was at Yeonjun's dorm. Beomgyu sighs and carefully takes out the picnic mat from his basket. He makes a makeshift sleeping bag to lay Ryujin outside her dorm room.

Beomgyu yawns but quickly fights the urge to sleep. But he doesn't want to leave her like her so-called friends did. He looks to the side a couple of times and whispers, "It's fine, I'll just drink a gallon of coffee tomorrow morning."