Chapter Thirteen

"I cant believe a whole bunch of 17 and 18 year olds are about to go to war." Octavia said as we stared at everyone rushing around camp. "I cant believe your brother is leading them." I said as my eyes looked towards him. Suddenly a gunshot went off, bringing both me and octavia to our feet. We grabbed onto our swords and ran towards the sound. Octavia placed her hand on an angry Bellamy's shoulder. "Bell, you're scaring people." she whispered. I looked around and noticed all the frightened grounders. Thinking Bellamy was going to apologize, oh how i was wrong.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" he screamed. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

I hadn't seen Vince in a couple days. Last I saw him he said he had orders that interfered with our training. He had taught me the basics with a sword though which I was grateful for.

I made my way into the dropship and saw Jasper going up the ladder while Bellamy stormed out. I decided to go sit behind some boxes hoping everyone would just go on with their day without me.

Suddenly I heard some muffled shouts and peeked around the corner to see Murphy holding a bag over myles head, suffocating him. "This is for tying the noose that they hung me with. Say hi to Connor for me.'' Murphy laughed as Myles stopped moving. I went to hide back behind the box but dropped my sword in the process. A series of loud clunks echoed through the ship. Suddenly a pair of hands pulled me from my spot and led me to the crime scene. I heard a clunk and looked up to see Jasper on the ladder.

"Myles stopped breathing, I was trying to help him." Murphy lied. Jasper's eyes darted towards the gun as he slowly made his way down the ladder. I felt my heart beat quicken as Murphy's grip grew tighter on my shoulder. Suddenly I was thrown to the ground as they made a run for the gun, Murphy won. He pointed the gun at Jasper. Jasper's hands shot up as fear was shown in his eyes. "Murphy, just put the gun down. '' he said in a shaky voice. I got up and slowly crawled towards the door. "He tried to kill me." Murphy said, motioning towards myles. Suddenly his eyes darted over to me. "Hey don't move!" he screamed while now pointing the gun towards me. "Ok. ok. It's cool. I won't move." I said and slowly took a spot beside Jasper. "No it's not. You know what will happen to me if you tell Bellamy.'' Murphy hissed.

I felt myself cringe as Bellamy's voice came over Jasper's radio. "Tell Bellamy what?" he asked. Murphy's eyes darted down in fear. "Give me the radio Jasper." he demanded. Jasper slowly put his hand down and wrapped his fingers around the radio then bringing it into Murphy's view. "Just give him the damn radio." I hissed. Jasper looked at me before bringing the radio to his lips. "Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles!" Jasper yelled into it.

Murphy ran over to the door and pulled the lever so the door would close, locking us three in. he turned back around and punched Jasper, knocking the radio from his grasp. "Listen and I won't shoot!" he screamed. I allowed Murphy to tie me against the ladder, not wanting him to find out about my blood. Jasper was a little harder but he still got tied beside me. Murphy walked over to the radio. "If you try to be a hero bellamy, jasper and b die." he said, keeping his eyes on us.

He had gagged us and was now pacing around the dropship. I had my head resting against the pole as Murphy mumbled. Jasper fought against the ties, earning a punch from Murphy. I managed to put the gag out of my mouth. "So what's your plan?" I asked, scarring murphy. He pointed his gun at me. "How'd you do that!" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Seriously though. You have no way of escaping. Im sure bellamy wont let you just leave camp this time.'' I said, blowing a loose strand of hair from my face. Murphy rested the gun on my forehead as his anger grew.