Chapter Eighteen

Bellamy pov...

I led Mel into camp with Octavia beside me. A part of me hated myself for sending Murphy and Finn alone. The guard pulled the gun out of my hands forcefully, sending my hands into the air as I continued to walk with the girl. Abby walked up to us and studied Mel. "I know you, factory station. Where are the others?" Abby asked her. She looked up at me then towards abby. "There are no others." she whispered. Abby nodded. "Found her a day from here. No survivors but lots of supplies." I said in a sad tone. Abby nodded and turned to some people. "Get her to medical." she instructed and walked off.

I turned to octavia to say something when my body came into contact with another one, their arms wrapped tightly around me. I couldn't see who it was but a small part of me wanted it to be b. But as I noticed the blond hair I realized it was clarke. I hugged her back with as much emotion as her. If Clarke was back then maybe the others were too.

I pulled away, leaving my hands on her arm as I studied her face. "How many are with you?" I asked hopefully. Her face fell, telling me all I needed to know. "None. finn?" she asked, looking around. "He's looking for you." I said. Clarke licked her lips and turned her attention to Octavia, giving her a hug. "I'm glad you're ok." Octavia told her. "You too." Clarke said.

"What happened to y'all? We thought the grounders took y'all." I said, pacing the room. "The grounders didn't take us. The mountain men did." she said. "Are they safe?" I asked her. She didn't speak immediately. "B, Jasper, Monty, miller. Are they safe?" I asked with more demand in my tone. "Jasper, Monty, and Miller are safe. So are the rest of them but b." she said, cutting herself off. My heartrate quickened, as I grabbed onto Clarke's shoulders. "She wasn't with the rest of the group, the mountain told us she died, but I saw her being hauled into a lab with two guards. They tied her down and tortured her. I managed to get her when we escaped but." she started. Clarke refused to meet my desperate eyes, hers glossy herself. "What do you mean tortured her? What happened to B!" I said desperately.

Clarke finally looked up at me. "We thought you were dead. And as we were escaping she felt like she was holding us back and would lead the mountain men to us since she was bleeding pretty heavily. Bellamy, she said she was ready.'' Clarke cried. I felt my body collapse into a chair as tears streamed down my face. "What did she do?" I barley asked. "She walked off so the people would follow her. But Anya had a track in her arm. They followed us and not her." she said.

"That means she could still be alive right? You didn't see her die." I asked. Clarke shook her head. "You didn't see her. They cut her, her legs and arms covered in deep gashes while her stomach had smaller ones. Then she had this really bad one on her hip. She was too weak to even run with my aid. She wouldn't have made it out there. If the reapers found her she wouldn't have been able to fight. She's dead bellamy.'' Clarke said in a harsh tone. I wiped my tears from my face. "You said she was ready, what does that mean?" I asked. "I don't know. When i was trying to find her she begged the guy to kill her and then sacrificed herself for no fucking reason!" Clarke yelled angrily. "I tried to stop her!" she said.

"She told me her name. I had her blood on my skin." Clarke said. "Her black blood." I whispered, thinking back to the time i found out.

As I barged into the cave octavias eyes looked at me. "How did you find me?" she asked as I ran over to her. "Followed him." I breathed and motioned towards the unconscious grounder. "We need to go before he wakes up." she said as I got the chains off her wrists. She ran over to another unconscious figure, sparking my curiosity at the familiarity of it. "He hit her. She hasn't woken up." Octavia said with worry. I now recognized the figure as b. My heart quickened. I turned to the group and saw Finn crouched over the grounder touching his stuff. "Finn, we need to go!" I yelled at him, bringing B into my arms. I turned back to see Finn not moving. "Now finn!" I screamed again. Suddenly the grounder stuck a knife into his chest. Jasper screamed and hit the grounder with the butt of his gun, knocking him out. Jasper and Octavia grabbed onto Finn as we ran to safety. "Should we pull the knife out?" Jasper asked. "No! Let Clarke take care of him!" I yelled, looking down onto the unconscious girl, my pace slowing. I noticed black liquid coated my arms where red should be. Making sure the group was in front of me I shifted B in my arms and saw black blood oozing from her head. "Bellamy, we don't have time to stare hurry!" Octavia yelled to me from the front of the group.

We eventually made it back to camp. I gave b up and ran to my tent to think about her blood. It made sense in my mind. Of why she always hide her cuts or disappeared when a new one appeared. She was the freak from the ark. The girl who everyone called a curse. I paced around my tent upon discovering the new discovery. But I knew I would have to keep a secret. She wants it a secret.

"Come on. We have to go get Finn and Murphy.'' Clarke instructed. "Wait!" I said. Clarke turned around. "What was her name?" I asked. "Bailey, her name was Bailey."

Bailey pov...

"swim" a voice told me. "I didn't train you so you could die, so swim." that same voice said. I pried my eyes open and saw that I was surrounded by clear waters. It felt peaceful. "What are you doing? Swim!" the voice screamed at me. My head tilted to see Washington fall deeper into the water. "Washington?" I asked and started to swim towards him. His eyes widened. "Swim! Don't follow me!" he screamed at me. I stopped swimming towards him and looked up. "But what if I want to." I said. "Your mind is lying to you! You want to live, Bailey, so live!" he yelled. I shook my head no and started to go after him. "I can't live without you!" I said, trying to reach him. My body felt like it was detaching from itself. "Then live for me!" a new voice yelled. I stopped and looked up. Bellamy reached into the surface. "Live for me!" he yelled again. "But you're dead!" I yelled, confused. "No bailey im not! Now come find me!" he yelled. I looked back down at washington. "You're running out of time. Go! Go find Bellamy!" he said. "I love you!" I cried. Washington gave a small smile. "I love you too, my freak." he said as he fell deeper into the water, disappearing from my sight. I looked up at Bellamy and started to swim up. My body reconnected the higher I swam. My hand grabbed onto his as he pulled me out of the water. I collapsed onto his body as he laughed. "Come find me,"

Bird chirps filled my ears. Flowing water cooled my wounds. And the blue sky filled my vision. I received another chance at life. But if i don't find help,I lose it. I had to find Bellamy!