Chapter Forty-One

"Your friends better be in position." Roan told me and clarke. I looked around. Blood was everywhere, crosses with chains were hung up. Clarke looked towards me, both of us a tad scared of what we were walking into.

"When this is over Ontari will know you helped her. You have my word." roan said to Clarke. She nodded. "I'll do my best so she doesn't kill you." he then said to me. I eyed him carefully, skeptical of what he meant.

We saw a couple people kneeling with their eyes closed in front. "So much for the thousands of people." roan scoffed. I looked to my side and saw Bellamy's signal. "Here we go." Roan said to me.

"I am Roan! King of azgeda. And I have what the commander seeks." roan yelled, fist raised as he walked in circles around me and Clarke. Suddenly everyone's eyes opened and they all stood, turning towards us.

Someone started walking towards us. "I don't like what I'm sensing. So, if she wants it, she can come to me.'' Roan told the man. More and more people surrounded us. Me and Clarke looked at each other, knowing our plan had not worked. Jaha walked out, making his way towards us.

"Hello clarke, bailey." he said. "Abby will be so pleased to see you." he said, mostly to clarke. "Who are you? Where's Ontari?" roan asked. Jaha turned to roan. "Not coming out," he said. Jaha held out his hand. "But you can give the flame to me. I'll be sure she gets it." he said.

Roans hand immediately closed around the flame. Jaha turned towards Clarke again. "Your friends in the tunnel can't help you." he told her. Both mine and Clarke's heads snapped towards jaha. How did he know? Everyone started walking in tighter as jaha demanded the flame.

Suddenly I was pulled close to Roan, a knife placed at my throat. He pushed Clarke down. "Back up or she dies!" Roan demanded. "Save the theatrics. We know your together.'' Jaha almost laughed. "We know everything." he smiled. "Then you know these two are the only ones who can activate the flame." Roan lied. I had no clue. The knife went tighter on my neck, causing me to gag. "You're right, we need them alive."

Roan dropped the knife and told me to run before he took off. I helped Clarke up before we heard the sound of a gunshot. I turned to see Kane holding a gun towards Roan as he fell onto his knees.

I reached for Clarke's hand, her gladly accepting it. We staggered back, realizing we were surrounded. Two men tore Clarke from me while I was pushed to the ground. "So we meet again." I heard a familiar voice say. Someone grabbed onto my hair and forced me to look at the person who spoke to me.

Henry.

I cowered away but a foot was pushed firmly into my back, pinning me to the ground. I grunted as my ex crouched to the ground and pulled my face into his hands, thumb running over my chapped lips. He then nodded his head and I felt a pinch in my neck.

My eyes widened as I felt my body go limp, the world turn black.

I was in the throne room when I came to again. Clarke was standing with her neck and arms tied. She was whimpering. Abby stood in front of her, scalpel at her chest. "Hey!" I screamed, trying to stand. When I did I ended up falling to the ground. All heads turned to me as I realized my ankle was tied tightly to a pole.

"Bailey!" Clarke called out, fear evident in her voice. Suddenly Abby pushed the scalpel into Clarke's chest, earning sobs to come out of the blonde. "Mom, this isn't you." Clarke tried.

A figure blocked my line of sight. I looked up to see someone I wished I would never have to see again. "No." I said, feeling tears of my own fall from my eyes. "Take the key bailey."my mom said and placed the chip in front of my face. My head shook.

Suddenly I felt a strong kick to my stomach. I groaned as my body laid flat on the ground. The chip was again placed at my mouth, my father the one holding it. More sobs filled my ears from Clarke's direction.