Chapter Fifteen

I gave up fighting long after I realized I was alone. My body was shivering and my throat felt dry from yelling. I felt weak at this moment, useless. At this moment I wanted to die. I wished I had fought. Maybe Bellamy would still be alive. I banged my head against the seat, wanting to feel something yet nothing came. I continued to do so as tears streamed down my face.

Suddenly my eyes saw a small camera pointed at me with a red light. "Why dont you show your fucking face! Instead of hiding! Show me who you are!" I screamed and started to fight again.

Suddenly the door opened and a man walked in. "Who are you!" I demanded. A man with slicked back brown hair and eyes stepped towards me. "My name is Cage sweet cheeks. Who are you?" he said with a sly smile. I stayed silent and watched his body language. "I know you're scared but we have never seen anything like this. Your blood is special." he breathed and picked up a small container of it from off the desk. "You stole my blood!" I yelled in disbelief. "Where are my friends!" I demanded. He sighed and placed the blood down, walking towards me once again. "Their safety, don't worry. You are the only one we need. Once we figure out how your blood turned black then you may reunite with them.

"Where are they!" I asked again. "They are with my people, safe like I told you." he chuckled. "Do they know you have me? Can I see them?" I asked desperately. "They know you're here. But you will not be able to see them. They can interfere in our research." he explained. "Now can I have your name?" he asked. "I'm sure my people would have told you." I said stubbornly. "You're correct, I can." he said and stood up to leave.

"Wait! Bellamy Blake, is he among the survivors?" I asked. Cage looked behind him and shook his head no. "I'm sorry. He didn't make it." he whispered, leaving me alone to sulk in my own head again.

What seemed like hours passed before people took a step into my room. It was a female doctor with long black hair. "Hello, my name is doctor tsing and i just wanted to ask a couple questions as well as run a few more tests. She pulled on some blue gloves and walked towards me. "This may sting." she said and pushed a needle into my arm, drawing blood. "Don't you think you've taken enough?" I asked her in a low tone.

"Don't worry this is the last sample I would need. Now tell me where you got your blood." she asked me. I turned my head and looked out the small window in my room. "Stubborn I see. Fine, I'll ask an easier question. What's your name?" she asked. I turned my head and spat on her face. "I'm not telling you shit, until I see my friends." I yelled at her as she stood to grab something to wipe her face on. She left the room without speaking another word.

I felt tears trickle down my face again as I thought of bellamy. I regretted not hugging him back or telling raven i loved her. Why couldn't I be a better friend! Now Bellamy was dead and I had no clue on raven. It felt like the universe wanted to punish me for being born.

"Abby, why don't I live with my parents?" six year old me asked. Abby continued to brush my hair as she thought. "Bailey you're too young for that answer." she had told me. I pouted but listened to her nonetheless. "I made a new friend today. He said I was a freak because of my blood!" I laughed, thinking about the boy who I hung out with today. "Do me a favor and stay away from him." she said. "But why?" I cried as Abby wrapped her arms around me. "You're a different sweetie. People don't like different." she told me. "Yes ma'am.".

A day passed and I still remained alone, like always. I feel like no matter what I'm trapped with myself. Most people would like this but I hate it. Because when i'm alone the unspeakable thoughts come back. I want them gone!

"Let's try this again. Where did you get your blood?" dr. Tsing asked as she sat beside me with a clipboard in hand. I continued to stare at the small window, refusing to answer her. "I'm just trying to help you." she sighed. My head craned to look at her. "Why am I strapped to this table? Why am I not with my friends? Maybe if I was with them I would give you answers!" I screamed at her, lunging my body forward only to have it restrained back from my bound wrists. She got up and placed the clipboard on the desk and turned back to me. "Guess we're doing this the hard way." she said, leaving the room.

A couple minutes later dr. Tsing walked back into the room with two guards. She stayed by the door while they approached me and carefully untied my bounds. The second I was untied I sent my foot into one of the guards face and rolled off the chair. It took me a second to gain balance from not walking but I quickly got it as the second guard grabbed my arm. I ducked under his leg, sending his arm into his groin as I ran under. He fell to the ground while the first guard ran after me as I made my way towards the door where dr. tsing was currently protecting.

"B calm down!" she yelled at me. Guess she figured out my name. I grabbed my blood off the desk and smashed it on the ground, sending glass and blood everywhere. I then grabbed a scalpel and held it up as the three ran towards me. "Let me see my friends and I will cooperate." I told them. Dr. Tsing shook her head no. "I can't let you do that." she whispered. "Why!" I screamed. Her dark eyes met mine, "They think you'.re dead."