Chapter Twenty-Three

I waited for Clarke and Lexa to finish their conversation. Vince sat with me, holding my nervous hand. "She is going to love you." he told me. I looked at our intertwined hands and nodded, not trusting my trig at the moment. Bellamy had not agreed with me speaking to lexa so soon but i convinced him. Clarke came out of the tent with a scared face as she turned to me. I sprang to my feet and pulled her aside.

"What's wrong? Did we not get our truce?" I asked, anxiety laced in my voice. "No, we can get our truce, under one condition." she said in barely a whisper. "That's good right?" I asked. Clarke looked at me and shook her head. "We have to give up finn. Blood must have blood." she explained to me. I gasped slightly and looked towards the commander's tent where Vince went into. "Can you try to talk her out of it please." Clarke begged me, her hands gripping my shoulders tightly. "Bailey!" Vince yelled. I turned to him as he motioned for me to come in. "I'll do my best." I whispered and made my way towards the tent, taking many deep breaths.

Vince led me into the tent where a girl around my age sat in a chair. "Thank you Vince." she said. I turned around and saw him leave, leaving us alone. I fiddled my fingers as I stood. "Bailey right?" Lexa asked me. My head nodded. "Don't be scared, I won't hurt you." she chuckled. I looked up to see she was making her way towards me with a knife. My body tensed as her hand grabbed mine. "Can I see?" she asked. "My blood?" I whispered. Lexa nodded her head so I gave her permission.

She gave a small slice to my hand and drew some of my blood. "Amazing." she whispered. I met her eyes and chuckled nervously as she made a cut to her hand to show me her blood. Black blood oozed from her hand which made me gasp. "I've never seen another with my blood." I said amazed.

"Vince tells me your people called you a curse?" she asked, making her way back to her chair with me following her. "Yeah, I guess. My friends are very accepting though." I told her. "They should be accepting. Your blood is very special. And from what I heard your special too. Vince was very proud to tell me about all you two had done." she said with a smile. "He's a good teacher." I laughed.

"Lexa, as much as I want to talk, I have other worries." I said, remembering Clarke's quest for me. "Let me guess, you want to talk about finn?" she said with a raised brow. "Yeah, I understand what he did must have punishment. And on the ark he would be floated. But maybe we could do a different punishment.'' I said in a low tone. "He killed eighteen of my people, you're lucky I don't have eighteen of yours killed." she said, her voice no longer nice.

"Ok i hate him too. And the only reason I'm asking you about this is because of Clarke and my friend Raven. They both care for him." I said. "My people demand blood. What else am I supposed to do?" she asked me. I ran a hand through my hair. "I don't know! Fuck." I said in frustration. Lexa's face softened. "Vince taught you the way of my people. You know what will happen if Finn isn't killed. Bailey you understand that I Can't do anything.'' Lexa said. "Yes I do. And I trust your leadership. If you say there's nothing else you can do then Finn must die." I said, meeting her eyes.

Lexa nodded. "Clarke won't like your judgement." she said. "Clarke will have to accept his fate.". Lexa sat in front of her chair and asked me to join her side. She grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. "What happened to you?" she asked, looking at my jaw and arms. "Mountain men. They wanted answers about my blood." I told her. "And you didn't tell them anything?" she asked to which i nodded. "I didn't know some of the questions myself." I chuckled lightly.

"What do you not know?" she asked. "I was born with it but where did it come from?" I asked. "Well, our blood comes from the first commander Becca Promheda. I bet you are a straight decendent from her." she told me. I smiled from the small bit of closer. "Then why was i the only one with the blood?" I asked her, referring to the ark. "Genetics are weird." she laughed.