Chapter Twenty-Two

I finished tying Lincoln to the ground like Bellamy had wanted me to. Turning around I saw the siblings talking in a hushed tone. Octavia saw I was watching and told bellamy. "Bailey, I'm going back to camp to get Clarke. Could you stay with octavia?" he asked me. "I told you I don't need a babysitter!" Octavia announced and stormed over to lincoln. I know she was under a lot of stress but that comment hurt me.

I walked towards bellamy. "Don't worry, she's just scared." Bellamy told me. I nodded. "We'll be fine, just go get clarke." I sighed. He licked his lips and nodded, eyes set on octavia before looking at me. He pulled me in for a hug, allowing me to drop my face for a second. "Be safe." I whispered into his chest. His hand rested on my lower back. "You too." he whispered back. I was reluctant to let go but once I did it felt like something was missing. "Bye Octavia." he yelled to her before leaving.

"You know he cares about you right?" I heard Octavia say from behind me. I turned around and saw she was staring at me while her hand rubbed Lincoln's head. "What are you trying to say?" I asked, already feeling drained. "I don't know, don't break his heart I guess." she shrugged. I sat behind her and rested my head on the metal walls. I stared at her while she watched lincoln.

"Are you ok?" I asked her. Octavia hit the floor and snapped towards me. "Do I look fine! The love of my life has turned into a fuscking reaper and we don't even if he'll be ok!" she screamed at me. "Just leave me alone!" she said and turned back to lincoln. "Octavia?" I whispered and slowly inched towards her. "What!" she said in an angry tone. I lifted myself off my seat and threw my arms around her back. She fought against my hug, screaming at me to let go. "Stop fighting." I whispered. Eventually sobs racked her body and she turned around to hug me back.

I combed her hair with my fingers and hummed lightly into her ear. "I just want him to be ok." she cried. "He will be." I whispered back.

About an hour or two later Clarke and Bellamy walked into the room. She looked at me and Octavia then to the unconscious lincoln. "I can't believe we're back here again." she mumbled just loud enough for us all to hear. "Can you help him?" Octavia asked, sounding exhausted. Clarke approached him and shook her head. "I dont know." she answered truthfully.

"I knew mount weather controlled the reapers, I didn't know they made them." Clarke said. My head snapped over to her. "What?" I asked. "They have some kind of device that immobilises the reapers. "Was it some type of high pitched noise?" I asked, recalling the times I heard it. "Yes but how did you know?" she asked me. Suddenly all eyes were on me.

"I heard it every couple hours while they had me tied in the first room. I didn't think anything of it.'' I said. "Wait so you were in the rooms they put the reapers?'' Clarke asked. I shrugged. "I guess so." I told everyone. "What did you see when they dragged you to the lab?'' Clarke asked in a serious tone. "It was just this long dark hallway with big doors. But if they can create reapers what are they doing to our friends?'' I asked.

"Oh my god!" I gasped once I remembered something. Everyone looked over at me confused. "Clarke, remember how the room had cages?" I asked her. Clarke nodded her head but asked me to continue. "Ok so i asked dr. Tsing about that and she said once the president agreed to their plans our friends would help them get to the ground." Clarks eyes widened as the motors in her brain put the pieces together. "The grounders' blood helps them heal but imagine what our blood would do?" she asked.

"Hold on, you're saying they are going to drain our friends' blood?" Bellamy asked. I nodded my head and looked into his eyes. "Something like that. I doubt just transferring our blood into their people would do anything, they would have to figure out some other way.'' I said thinking.

"Bailey, keep thinking but Clarke, I need your help with lincoln." Octavia said. We both nodded and I paced around the room trying to think. Suddenly a noise took my attention onto lincoln. Everyone knelt to his side while I stood in shock. "He's convulsing." Clarke told us. Octavia looked scared as she looked at clarke. "So what does that mean?" she asked. Clarke opened her mouth to speak but only had an agitated sigh leave her mouth as she looked over his body, catching sight of his leg.