Chapter Forty-Five

I approached Octavia and Lincoln, seeking their help. "It's not safe for you here." Octavia whispered. Indra walked down, taking her place.

"I need a favor from you."

The three looked at me funny. "I need a flemkepa, anytime i attempt to speak to the commanders he shows up, i need guidance.'' I told them.

Indra shifted. "I might have someone in mind."

"Please hurry, for now I'm taking a trip to Arkadia. I'll be gone for a day or two." they nodded and walked off, leaving me to get on geko and leave polis with two guards.

Once in polis i saw people working on the ship, it confused me.

"Bailey!" I heard Raven yell. My head snapped to the right to see Raven trying to run over. I jumped off my horse and hugged her tightly. As we pulled away I decided to ask what was going on.

Before Raven could answer however, Clarke cut her off. "Were patching the ship just in case black rain comes. And we're stocking up because the hunting parties are coming back with less and less and we don't want to run out." she said. Raven gave her an odd look but said nothing.

"I heard Luna was here, I would like to see her.'' I ignored. Clarke nodded and told me to follow her, taking me to medbay. I was told on the way we only had two months left and still no solution, it made me angry, but the second I saw Luna my heart shattered.

She laid on a cot holding the young girl. I made my way over and crouched down, grabbing Luna's hand. Her eyes fluttered open and a weak smile appeared on her tired face. "Abby said you would be here." she whispered. I let out a breathy laugh.

Suddenly Bellamy and Raven came running into the room. They pulled Clarke out and left. I ignored that and helped Luna sit up so she could get some water. She thanked me and moved to a bed so we could talk.

"Are they treating you well?" I asked her, to which she nodded. I pushed her hair out of her face. "Luna, you're a nightblood so I promise you, you will get better. Becca told me. Nightbloods will survive this." I whispered, squeezing her clammy hand. "What about them?" she asked. "I dont know." I truthfully answered. A single tear rolled down her cheek so I leaned forward and kissed it off. I gave her a smile and allowed her eyes to shut.

I made my way over to Abby. "Could we give them medicine?" I asked. "No, raven and clark's orders." she said with a downcasted face. "Let me speak to Raven." I announced and made my way to her. She was welding up a pipe so I waited a second, only to catch a certain cockroach stealing food.

I tiptoed over and leaned into his ear. "Where's Emori?" I whispered. He spun around, dropping a package. I chuckled and picked it up for him. "Don't worry i wont tell, just don't do this in Wolis. I don't want to execute you." I teased. Murphy smirked. "What are you going to do, hang me?" he asked. I gasped and placed my hand to my chest. "I would never, now Bellamy might."

We both laughed a little bit longer until Raven's voice made us crouch down.

"Already told Jackson, we can't spare anything, especially not anti radiation meds." she said. Murphy looked towards me, eyebrows knitted in confusion. "We only need seven doses." Abby remarked. "That's a quarter of our supply, abby! A supply that has to last us five years on an irradiated planet. We're going to need every one of those pills and you know it." raven continued. "You're right, we put you in charge of the supplies."

I looked around as they continued talking, Murphy following me. "What are you doing?" he asked in a low whisper. I found the medicine supply. "Look for delactivine." he suddenly said, joining in on my search. Suddenly I spotted it and grabbed it as quietly as I could. Murphy opened his pack and told me to put it in, so I did. We made our way out, high fiving like children that just stole candy.

"So why is everyone dying in two months?" he asked. "Death wave, second praimfaya. Ya know, radiation." I said. He nodded his head, not asking questions. Eventually we made it back to medbay where Abby was sitting in a chair, looking helpless. I pulled the pills from Murphy's bag and walked up to her with murphy.

She looked confused but took them, telling Jackson to only give it to the child just to make sure it worked. "I'm glad you're back, John, I was worried about you." Abby said before joining jackson. Murphy took a seat in the chair. "You never answered me about Emori." I said.

His head dropped, "She's waiting for me to bring her food in a cave. There's no bugs or animals. '' he answered.

"Well good thing you came here,"

"You're not going to report me are you?" he asked before I could leave. "John Murphy, as far as anyone asks, I didn't see shit."

I made my way to the room they gave me for the night. Suddenly a knock sounded before I could lay down. I opened the door to be met with a familiar face.

"Henry?" I scoffed and allowed him into my room. "I was hoping you died during the time of Alie. what about my parents, are they dead?" I asked, locking my door. "They did, at the hands of that so-called, Bellamy Blake." he said.

"I'll have to thank him. So tell me what you want."

Henry sat on the bed. "I want us again, im sorry for what happened." he said, a disbeileivng scoff coming out of my mouth. "You only want me for my power, im not that naive, henry. And im not going to fall for your shit again."

I pulled both my swords from off the desk, pointing them at him. "Please, Bailey we can just be friends if you want!" he said, holding his hands up in fear. I started towards him, laughing when he fell off the bed. He ran past me and towards the door, banging on it while yelling for help.

I stormed up and grabbed his hair pulling him into me. I placed my blade at his ankle and started cutting up. Bangs started from the outside, Henry screamed. I rubbed my nose on the soft skin of his neck. "Wish i could do this to one of my parents but you will do." I whispered.

I then placed my sword at his neck and made a slow but deep cut. Henry started gagging then fell to the floor. I stood over him as blood splattered onto my face.

"Say hi to Pike for me."

Henry died just before Clarke, my guards, along with three other guardsmen barged into my room to see the scene. Me, blood dripping from off my swords and face while Henry lays in a pool of his own blood. Yeah not a good scene.

"Bailey, what did you do?" Clarke asked in disgust. "Oh he had it coming." I smiled. Two guards walked forward but were taken down by my own.

"Oh don't worry, I won't kill anyone else." i shrugged and walked past the small crowd and towards medbay yet again.

Luna laid alone among her dead friends. No one was in the room so I went and sat on the edge of her bed. She had gotten better in the couple hours I was gone, meaning she could sit up.

I took her hands and allowed her forehead to rest on mine. "What are your people going to do once they find out my blood can survive the radiation?" she asked me. "I don't know, but whatever it is, i promise I wont leave your side, even if it means i dont go back to Polis for a while." I explained to her.

"They already know my body rejects radiation, they're talking about it somewhere else." she was trying to hold back tears, i could tell.

"Luna, its ok, i'll protect you."

fun fact: I ship Bailey and luna... thank you