Chapter 2- More than a Title

--Angelina POV--

"I seem to be a bit lost. Think you can help me out?" He asked.

I was quick to snap out of my daze, blinking as I stared at him before slowly nodding my head. He was a handsome man, quite tall, and muscular, wearing a black suit with a waistcoat underneath. He was the complete opposite of my ex-husband; it took me by surprise.

Rustic blonde hair, a deep shade of blue eyes that I've never seen on anyone else before, stubble neatly lining the bottom half of his face, making him seem more mature, and lips cast into a friendly smile, something Donovan could never relate to. And he had an accent, barely noticeable, but it was there, making me wonder where he came from.

"What can I help you with?" I eventually asked, returning the both of us to reality.

"I'm looking for a restaurant. Um..." He quickly pulled his phone out, doing some tapping and then some scrolling before speaking once more.

"Something about urban caviar, I don't really understand. The woman I'll be proposing to told me to meet her there, and I'm not really good with... directions," An amused smile crept onto my face as I shook my head.

Taking a step forward, I craned my neck to look at his phone screen, chuckling at the name of the restaurant, or rather his interpretation of it.

"Le Chevalier Urbain, I think it means something along the lines of 'The urban knight'," He chuckled at himself after hearing my words.

"So, nothing to do with caviar,"

"I don't think so. But I'm sure there'll be some dishes that contain caviar... Anyways, the restaurant isn't far from here, it's just behind the courthouse. So, if you keep walking down this path, and then take a right at the traffic lights, you should see it,"

"Thank you," He sighed, relieved, and I nodded my head, going to get inside my car, but before I could, he quickly called out once more, stopping me in my tracks. Is this a sign from God that I shouldn't get into my car today?

"I'm sorry to keep wasting your time, but where did you get those flowers?" Tucking his hands into his pants pockets, he gestured to the flowers in my hand.

"Oh, over there," I nudged my head towards the now closed flower shop.

"Do all shops in Rome close so early?" He mumbled to himself as I chuckled.

"Not usually, but I guess everyone has their own life to live. Maybe the business of that shop was getting in the way of the florists' life today," I thought aloud, going to get in my car, but for the umpteenth time, I stopped. This time, of my own will.

"Here you go," I hesitated for a moment but outstretched the bouquet towards him, and he gave me an odd look, taking the flowers from my hand nonetheless, receiving a small smile from me in return. 

"Carnations symbolise all kinds of love, I think you might need them more than me today... Good luck with your proposal handsome stranger,"

"You didn't have to..." He drifted off, an amused smile resting on his face as I finally got into my car, shutting the door behind me before rolling the windows down. "I wish you the happiest life with your lover," And a deep laugh escaped his throat as I chuckled with him, putting the car into motion before driving off.

And as I came to a stop at the traffic lights, I realised that I had nowhere to go, the amused smile that had been sitting on my face slowly beginning to slip off. The only living relative I have is my mother, but I didn't get along with her at all, and I think that feeling went both ways.

Having had my company taken from me, I no longer have any source of income, not to mention, I didn't get more than two thousand euros as settlement money which doesn't make any sense and is just plain unlawful. But you can never put it passed Donovan to do something so dirty.