Chapter 39- The Festival of Stars

--Lucian POV--

"When will you be returning to Germany?" Stefan, my secretary, asked from the other end of the phone as I brushed my hair, getting ready for the day.

"When Angelina gets bored of me," I replied.

"Sire, please be serious. I'm working with your father to keep things under control, but we don't have as much authority as you, the chairman of the corporation. I think you keep forgetting just how important of a role you have,"

"My father is the previous chairman, just because he's retired now shouldn't mean that he's forgotten everything. I'm sure it's all okay, Stefan," I assured, checking the time on my wristwatch as I left the closet.

"Sire..." He sounded like he was on the verge of begging, and I sighed, massaging my temples as I sat down on the stool at the end of the bed.

"Alright, aright. Since you're insisting so desperately. It's only an hour flight away so I should be able to go and be back by the end of the day... I'll come tomorrow so notify the pilot, I guess that's the end of my vacation then," I sighed, disappointed as I heard Stefan release a relieved sigh from the other end.

"Right away, sire. Then, I shall see you tomorrow," And we hung up, as I went to carry on with my day. It was only half eleven, not even lunch time, and I was already missing my wife so much.

She's been busy with work for the passed three weeks, setting things right with her company, and while I knew she was enjoying doing it, I could see that it was taking its toll on her. She was a brilliant leader with everyone's best interest in her head, but there weren't enough hours in the day for her to be able to work with the right amount of rest.

She'd return to the hotel at 1 or 2 am in the morning and leave before the sun had even properly risen. But, thanks to her mother and secretary, I knew she was at least eating all her meals at the right times.

But I was missing her. I did my own work as much as I could in the time that she wasn't at home, but I couldn't seem to focus on it at all.

"What will she eat for lunch today?" I asked her secretary, Alice, who was currently on the phone with me as I looked through some contracts that needed to be signed for work.

"I'm not sure, I'll have to ask. But I have a better idea today," I raised a brow at her words.

"Oh, and what is it?" I asked.

"Why don't you come in yourself, and have lunch with her?" My head jolted up in excitement at her words, but I was quick to calm myself down as I chuckled, sitting down on my seat.

"She's busy right now, I'll only distract her if I go there,"

"And that's why it's a good idea for you to come. She's been working too much lately, I'm getting worried. I'll clear her schedule for the rest of the day, so you come and help her relax. Go out, have lunch, go for a walk, and let her sleep in a bit, how does that sound?"

"Well, if you insist then of course, I will comply," I grinned, already on my way back to my room so I could change into an outfit that would impress my wife.

And I arrived at the headquarters of Luxurian just in time for lunch. Alice was already standing at the front of the rustic building as she waited for me. Stepping out of the car, I greeted her with a warm smile while I did well to ignore the curious looks of pedestrians.

"You made it just in time," She spoke as we began walking.

I knocked on the doors to her office before walking in to be met with the figure of my wife sitting at her desk as she read over some papers on her desk.