Chapter 34- Scheming Minds

--Angelina POV--

I panted, breathing through my nose as he didn't allow me a second to breathe through my mouth with his lips unwilling to break apart from mine.

"I thought- I thought that man was waiting for you in your study?" I managed to get out between breaths as we tumbled into our bedroom, and he kicked the door shut behind him before grabbing me by my waist and pulling me up to his chest.

"He can wait for all I care. I have more important matters to attend to right now," In the darkness of the room, his blue eyes looked as though they were glowing with the desire of something inexplicable, his emotions seeping through like a heavy flood.

He had no secrets from me. Just as I had none from him. To each of us, we were both as transparent as glass. And I found that beautiful.

Running my hands up from his chest to wrap around his neck, I pulled him down for another kiss, and he seized the opportunity to lean further down, hoisting me up by my thighs before spinning us around and my back was pushed up against the hard wall.

"You-" He cut me off, hands stroking up and down my body as he paused with his kisses, breathing heavily as his cold breath fanned my face, his lips running over my nose, cheeks, eyelashes, and forehead before he paused there.

And we simply stayed like that for a moment, catching our breaths.

My thighs tingled with the heat of his hands, my dress riding up to expose the skin that he cherished so much, and I fell forward, hiding my face in the crook of his neck while his hand went to unzip my dress.

And he moved to sit me down on my vanity table, moving my clutter of face cream and few make-up products out of the way so I sat comfortably as he stood in between my legs, gently brushing my hair out my face as I struggled to catch my breath.

"The bed's right there," I whispered as he chuckled, pecking my lips before he stood back, shrugging out of his suit jacket, and pulling his tie down, his eyes unmoving from my own tired ones the whole time.

"I'm aware," He nodded, beginning to undo his shirt buttons, but with the shirt still clinging to him with the buttons undone, he leaned forward, hands placing themselves on either side of me as he looked at me and only me.

"But do you have any idea how incomprehensibly sexy you look right now?" He spoke in a deep, hoarse voice, sounding as though he was holding himself back from pouncing on me. And to see him like this in this state made my heart beat up to my throat, the nervous yet confident jitters dancing around in my stomach.

The way he looked at me, spoke to me, and touched me gave me confidence that I was beautiful. He was able to relight my self-esteem, getting rid of all my insecurities with just a single action. That assured me that this was the perfect person for me, my only person. 

And I'm sure that if soulmates were real then this man is mine.

"I..." I nervously started, placing a hand on his cheek as a happy smile slowly crept onto my lips. 

I know the drama was far from over, but my dream has changed now. I no longer care about what becomes of the Moretti name, I don't need to ruin them anymore. Once I have my company back, it'll all be over. I'll put Donovan, and everything else behind me.

I'm going to move on with a happier future.

"What is it?" He whispered, leaning in to my touch.

And I'm going to relearn how to love myself. 

I'll look in the mirror, and smile instead of glare. I'll eat everything and anything I want without the thought of gaining weight. I'll wear clothes I want without worrying about what others will think, and I'm going to laugh, I'm going to laugh till my stomach hurts, till my eyes water, till I'm happy and content with life. I'm going to have fun.