Chapter 20- Dignified Dominance

--Angelina POV--

It all felt like a dream. While I was confronting them, and even now as I've walked away from that situation and am greeting other guests with Lucian. The events of all of that was replaying itself in my head over and over again, and my stomach was churning at the sights, maybe I had revealed too many of my cards in the heat of the moment?

But there's nothing I could do about it now other than to move on.

"Are you okay?" Lucian leaned down to whisper as the group of people we were mingling amongst continued to chat.

"I'm fine, just a little thirsty. I'm going to get a drink," I patted his arm which was hung around my waist, and he let go as I turned to leave to head to the bar.

"Can I get a glass of water, please?" I asked the bartender.

"Of course," And as he turned to get me that, I was left alone with my thoughts.

Now that I'd revealed myself to both Donovan and Nevaeh, what was my next move? I was more forward than I had originally planned, but it wasn't enough to cause a hindrance.

I'm going to keep moving like this, Donovan isn't the only one with informants. I'll find out every party they want to go to, and go there myself, and steal the spotlight from them. Slowly, little by little, I'll corner them into a trap, and Lucian will be the one to help me pull the rug out from beneath them, they'll never expect it.

While Lucian and I join hands to show society how in love we are, Donovan and Nevaeh will crumble, and the world was on my side when it came to society's affection since it already knew about how I was wronged by them.

In the eyes of the world, Lucian and I will be the perfect couple. He'll be the hero that saved me when I was at my worst, and I'll be the perfect wife that he'll be grateful for. But behind all that, we'll both be scheming to take back my company and ruin the Moretti name.

But before that, I need to show Donovan and Nevaeh that I've put what they did to me behind me, and that I've moved on to live a better life so they'll become more unsuspecting. I know it won't be easy, but once it all works out, it'll all be worth it.

Picking up my glass of water, I gulped it down, releasing a quenched sigh once done, and as I placed the glass down on the counter, a figure jumped up beside me.

"A glass of water over red wine?" I accidentally bit my gum in surprise. Squeezing my eyes shut in sudden pain, I licked over the wound, turning to see who the culprit was only to come face to face with an unknown person.

"Well, water does better to help quench my thirst than wine," I answered anyways as she chuckled, shrugging her shoulders at my reply.

"Can I ask who you are?" I politely said after a moment of awkward silence.

"Ah, right. Julia Huber," The name didn't ring any bells, and neither did her face. "I'm your husband's ex-fiancé," Oh. I guess that would explain everything.

"Don't worry, it was all arranged from a young age, so I never saw him as anything other than a friend. And besides, you both make a much better couple. How long have you known him?" She asked before gesturing for the bartender to get her another glass of champagne.

"Around a month," I simply answered.

"Wow, I never saw Lucian as a 'live life in the moment' kind of person," She'll be surprised. "He's always been living life in a way that made his parents proud, he did everything other than settling down which is probably what they wanted the most,"

"Yes, I learnt as much when I met his parents. They're lovely people," I clinked my new glass of wine with hers before taking a sip.

"How old are you?" I blinked at the question, feeling my lips tremble at the question, it was such a simple question, but I don't think even Lucian knew the answer to it.