Chapter 5- The New & The Old

--Angelina POV--

As I left the bathroom, I quickly gathered all my stuff, slipping into my heels from yesterday before tying my hair into a messy bun, and doing a quick check in the mirror before leaving the room in my hurry.

"Oh, you're back. Come on, let's eat-"

"I have to go," I hurriedly said as he paused in setting out the plates, raising his head to meet mine, but after catching his gaze, I quickly looked away, patting my red cheeks down as I did.

"Is something wrong?" He curiously asked.

"No, I just-I have some business that I need to attend to... Thank you for your hospitality, but I really must be going...now..." I felt my words get lost in my throat as our eyes caught each other, and I couldn't seem to move as he took silent steps towards me.

Towering above me, his hands tucked into his pants, he raised a single brow as I gulped, not daring to look away from him which is most likely exactly what he wanted.

"Are you sure everything's alright?" He gruffly asked.

And I rapidly nodded my head, running my tongue over my bottom lip as he hummed, a look on his face telling me that he wanted words rather than actions.

And I found myself giving in to him, turning my gaze away from him and to the ground where I stared at his slippers instead as my voice came out in a quiet, nervous squeak.

"I'm sure,"

I didn't know that the breath had been stuck in my throat until I caught his feet taking a step back, and taking that as a sign, I stood up straight, turning around as I moved to leave the room without another word, pausing by the door when I heard his voice.

"Goodbye, Angelina," 

And it would probably be the last time that I ever saw him.

And maybe that was a good thing. I had just gotten out of an uncomfortable relationship, one which has broken my trust in people, so getting into another relationship with someone I know nothing about couldn't have nearly ended well. 

Not to mention, I have more pressing matters to attend to, one where my company is involved, as well as the two despicable people who had the nerve to steal it from me.

"Arrivederci, Lucian," I replied, closing the door behind me as I stepped out.

And on my way to my mother's house, the odd looks I received from people on my strange attire was something I didn't find myself thinking back on, in fact, the only thing that seemed to be on my mind was the amusing man whom I had the pleasure of meeting.

"So, where on earth did you run away to last night?" 

Mama didn't waste a moment to ask as I entered the dining room after changing into an outfit that belonged to me and not a tall muscular man. Rolling my eyes, I went to pour myself a cup of coffee before going to pet Milo on his head as he ate his food.

"To a bar." Was all I decided to say, and knowing that I didn't want to say anything more, she silently continued with her breakfast, which was honestly quite a surprise, because I remember her to be quite a stubborn woman that didn't know how to drop the topic.

"Did you use protection?"

I stand corrected.

As I glared at her, she raised her hands in the air in surrender.

"I'm just curious, am I not allowed to be curious about my own daughter now?"

"No. No, you are not," I didn't hesitate to reply as a frown sat on her face, but she very well knew that what I said was the truth so didn't dare talk back to me. My mother was a strong woman, that's one of the traits that I got from her, maybe that's why she knew not to pick fights she knew she couldn't' win with me.