Chapter 25- A Good Idea

--Lucian POV--

I thought it was a good enough plan in the short amount of time that I had to think it up, but the look Reid gave me as he heard my words made me question everything.

"What?" I raised a confused brow.

"I thought you had to be smart to be as successful as you are," He wondered aloud as I scoffed, not even trying to hide my glare that was directed towards him.

"I am smart, along with many other things. But I guess the seedlings of love have gotten me all worked up. This is uncharted territory for me, you know that... What am I supposed to do?" I slouched back on my chair, crossing my legs as I ran a hand through my hair.

He hummed, lips trembling to hold back a smile as he stared at me.

"If you have something to say, then say it." I grumbled.

"Why not try making her fall in love with you?" I paused, thinking over his words which, I hated to admit, was a better idea than mine. Was I so panicked about love that I threw out my logical thinking? Apparently so.

But could you blame me? From an early age, I've been curious about love, but the only love that I knew about was family love. Seeing my parents so in love, made me want that too, but it wasn't easy at all.

I experimented. I believed that minimal attraction is necessary for love, it can't all just be about personality. So, I went on dates with attractive people, and I slept with attractive people, and I learnt that I was definitely heterosexual. 

But that wasn't love, it was just pleasure.

I thought that I was incapable of love because I didn't have a clue on what it was, either that or I had been in love, but it wasn't as great a thing as they all made it out to be, so I didn't even notice, and eventually gave up.

But it seems that patience was key.

I still can't say what love is, but what I felt for Angelina; if that's not love then I don't know what is. And even now, this is just the beginning of my love for her, I already know that if I spend more time with her then this love will grow into something terrifying.

There was no sign. That day I bumped into her, I had no idea that she would be the one to teach me about love, no one could have guessed so early on, it just came out of nowhere.

But unlike me, Angelina's loved before, and it didn't end well for her.

She's shut her doors and put her walls up, so there's no place for me in her world as anything other than a friend. And I wonder if it'll be worth it; to risk our friendship for my love?

I knew the answer. It was a blunt no.

She's not interested in love anymore.

"I'll figure it out," I grumbled, sitting up as I picked my car keys up, patting Reid's shoulder on my way out the door as he waved me off.

My idea was better than his. I just wished his idea would be the better one because I didn't want to have to distance myself from her, but after all that thinking I realised that I was being delusional. There's no way the Angelina would ever love me back.

And this is me thinking logically.

Entering the villa, my senses were immediately overcome with the delicious scent of Angelina's cooking, which is something that I realised she was amazing at.

"Your home," She ran out of the kitchen, and I smiled, nodding my head as she came to help me out of my jacket. If only everyday could be like this.

"Did your talk with Reid go well?"