Chapter 44- What the future Holds

--Angelina POV--

It was finally over, after months of tiring drama, it was finally over.

I explained everything in extreme detail to my husband once the doctor had left the hotel room, and while it took some time to calm him down to prevent him from raging to Donovan to finish off the job, he had managed to settle down sooner rather than later.

And, now that I was in better condition, I had called Neveah; Leandro was ever so nice to have gotten me the number through some definitely illegal sources, and I talked to the said woman about the state of her husband.

Donovan would live since he appeared to have been lucky after losing so much blood, suffering from a black eye, busted lip, and broken as well as fractured, bones; Lucian really tried his best to get rid of him, that much was obvious.

But other than Donovan, Nevaeh and I made it clear that we still hated each other's guts and that wouldn't be changing anytime soon. Furthermore, we agreed that we would stay away from each other, and she assured me that Donovan would no longer have anything to do with me or my family ever again.

And I felt the need to trust her one last time.

So, I did.

"Oh? What's this?" Lucian grinned as I came to sit beside him at the dining table, handing him a small envelope as he gratefully took it.

"A love letter?" He jokingly guessed, inspecting the paper in his hand.

"Of sorts, open it and see," I gestured as he hummed, sending me a mischievous look before going to do as told, taking out the picture that sat inside, and staring at it for the longest moment, a look of confusion on his face.

"This is..."

"A being that is currently residing in my womb, he or she is expected to come out into the world in approximately 9 months," I explained as he looked at the picture of the scan where a small embryo could be seen.

And slowly, he turned to look at me with large, surprise-filled eyes, and I couldn't help but laugh at his facial expression, leaning in to peck his lips.

"You're pregnant?" He whispered.

"Yes," I nodded, laughing at him.

"You're not joking, right?" He unsurely asked.

"Do I look like I would take a joke so far?" I glared, offended.

"I mean..." He drifted off for the longest moment, and I silently watched him as he came to terms with the fact that he was going to be a father, and then a second later, he had picked me up in his arms, spinning us around before settling me back down gently, his hand placed on my womb.

"I'm going to be a dad," He gleamed as I laughed, nodding my head.

"A real dad," And he hugged me. "I'll be a good one, I promise," I didn't need to hear his promise to be aware of the fact.

"I know," I decided to say anyway as he moved in to hug me once again.

"But... We have so much to do," And he pulled away, going to his phone as he went to dial someone, confusing me.

"We do?" I raised a brow.

"Yes, we need to clear the room next to ours to make room for the baby's nursery, and we'll buy a spare cot to put in our room in case he or she doesn't want to be separated from us, the parents," He paused as he said parents, a look of awe falling over his face.

"I say we paint the nursery a neutral colour though, nothing sexist like blue for a boy or pink for a girl. And we have to figure out what we're going to do with work, I guess I better move to Italy with the company-"