Chapter 8- Those Familiar Sparks

--Angelina POV--

As I mingled around with people in the room, my gaze kept drifting over to the crowded dessert table which was practically calling my name. I hadn't eaten anything ever since I came to this country, which was last night, because of the jet lag, and now I'm starving.

But when the announcer called for everyone to move to the connected room for the charity event, I felt my soul spark to life with the excitement of finally getting some food in my stomach, and I didn't waste a moment of hesitation to rush to the dessert table.

As I munched on a macaron, I found my gaze drifting over the golden room bathed in jewels, thinking back to only a few months ago when I would regularly find myself having to visit these sorts of occasions all over the world. Back then, I was a wife who thought she had everything.

It's almost scary how so much can change in so little time.

As I turned back to the table filled with delicacies, my eyes skimmed over the array of food, wondering which one I should go for next, but my hands paused mid-air as a looming shadow paused beside me, unmoving.

"Well, would you look at who decided to grace my presence tonight?" 

I jumped at the arrival of the sudden deep voice, feeling as though I'd gotten caught for doing something bad, but quickly composed myself, spinning around to only, once more, jump in surprise once I made eye contact with the owner of the said voice.

"...You..." The words got caught in my throat as we both stood in a shell-shocked silence, not daring to look away from the other until his lips crept up into a cute grin.

"Hi, best friend. How have you been?"

My hand slapped itself over my mouth as he laughed, shaking his head in amusement and those drunken memories thrust themselves back into my head in the second that followed.

"Is that really how you're going to introduce yourself?" I whisper shouted.

"What? We're each other's only best friends in life, aren't we? Remember, big friendly flowers? How else am I supposed to greet you?" He was having fun right now, and I was getting embarrassing flashbacks that made me want to crawl into a hole, that much was crystal clear

"I didn't think you would take that seriously," I stood up straight, crossing my arms as he took a step closer to me, his hands tucked into his pants pockets as he looked down at me mischievously, making me wonder what was going through his head right now.

"Well, I did. Are you going to hurt my feelings now, and say that it was all a joke?" He raised a daring brow as I bit my lip to hold back any retorts.

"Don't tempt me now, Lucy," I ended up losing, but it was worth it when I saw the surprised look on his face, but I somehow managed to hold my laughter back.

"Lucy?" He raised an amused brow.

"Your nickname, did you already forget?" I took a single step closer to him as I whispered.

"On the contrary, I remember every moment I've spent with you so far," Mirroring my actions, he too, took a step closer to me, leaning down so our eyes were at the same height.

"You do?" Cocking my head to the side in surprise, I watched as he proudly nodded.

"Every. Single. Moment," Chills ran down my spine as his minty breath brushed my cheek, tickling my ears with the friction of his lips touching the skin of my ear. 

And I already knew, when he said he remembered every moment, he meant every moment, including the ones where we were drunk. And I'd be lying if I said he was the only one that remembered, truth be told, so did I. And I can't stop thinking about it, this man is something that my ex couldn't dream of comparing to.