Chapter 42- Louder than Words

--Angelina POV--

My head was throbbing, my vision blurry, and my neck was straining to keep my head up. To put it simply, I felt as though I was at deaths doors, or rather, death was trying to drag me to the afterlife but I wasn't willing to go, if you wanted me to be more specific.

"What the actual fuck," I cussed annoyed, sitting up on the comfortable surface that I had been lying on as I repeatedly closed and opened my eyes, scanning over the room I found myself in.

Wait a minute, this is... 

Okay, I think death succeeded in taking me.

Because what other answer would be able to explain as to why I was currently sitting on the bed in my old bedroom, the one I lived in with Donovan before Nevaeh sneaked in. It simply doesn't make any sense.

"You're finally up," I turned to look at the door as it opened, and in walked the cause of all my problems, a glass of water in one hand, and a box of painkillers in the other. I swear, if he's about to tell me to take that medicine when he's the one that caused the pain, I will, without a doubt, sock him straight in the face.

"You should take the painkiller; it'll help with the-"

I slapped him so fast before moving my hand back and looking away, I had to wonder if I actually hit him or him knocking me unconscious has made me delusional.

"Ouch... But, okay. I deserved that so I'll let it go," Guess he was the delusional one.

"You've crossed the line this time, Donovan. I hope you're aware of that," I shuffled away from him as I spoke, my body turned away, but my head facing him, eyes narrowed into a glare that dared him to move even an inch closer to me.

"I just brought you home, there's nothing wrong with that," He was definitely delusional.

"I'm an adult who is capable of making her own decisions. Whether this place is my home or not, which it isn't, you don't have the right to knock me unconscious and bring me here. We call that kidnapping, if you're not aware,"

"I'm aware, I just don't care. Bringing my wife home-"

"I'm not your wife," I cut him off.

"Angelina," He sighed, speaking to me as if I were a child.

"I never wanted to divorce you in the first place, this whole drama wouldn't have had to happen in the first place if you would have just stayed my wife to begin with..."

He kept speaking, like a broken recorder echoing in my head word after word, he didn't seem to run out of things to say because he kept speaking, and with each second that kept strenuously ticking by, the throbbing in my head grew worse.

I hated this man. So much.

"-Of course, at the time, I loved Nevaeh too, so I was hoping you would understand-" That's when it clicked into place, the perfect idea.

Or rather, previous idea.

It would have been the perfect idea if I had just been a little smarter to think it up earlier, but while it's too late now, the regret had already done its job in settling in.

If I had done as he said; If I had stayed married to him as he wanted, then I would never have had to drag so many innocent people into this fight. Lucian, and his family, Julia, and even Leandro, and his bloody mafia, none of them would have gotten involved if I had stayed married.

And there was quite a simple answer for that; polygamy is illegal in Italy

If I had stayed silent, and Donovan, being the dumb jerk he was, had tried to get married to Nevaeh, then things would have easily turned in my favour.