Chapter 38- Setting it Straight

--Angelina POV--

"You don't understand how happy everyone is to finally have you back, Mr Moretti was such a terrible CEO," My secretary, Alice said as I walked with her down the corridors of my beloved company. But even now, it still hadn't hit me that I had gotten my company back.

Truthfully, I had expected it to take years to get it back, not months, but here we are, my Luxurian was finally mine again, and Donovan and Nevaeh are out of the picture.

"Oh, please. Don't inflate my ego so much, Alice," I laughed with her as we came to a halt in front of two large black doors, the entrance to the CEO's office, my office.

"Welcome back, Mrs Vandenburg. Although, I must admit, it will take some time for me to get used to calling you that," She smiled, gesturing for the bodyguard to open one of the doors as he moved to do so, and I stepped into the room.

"You wouldn't have to get used to it if you would just call me Angelina as I've been telling you to do ever since you became my secretary," My words faded away as I paused in the centre of the large office, my eyes taking the familiar sight in.

I didn't think I'd be this emotional when the day finally came, but I guess I stand corrected. I didn't realise how attached I was to this company, I built it from the ground up, pouring all my time and energy into it, and without knowing, Luxurian became an important part of me that contained a lot of myself.

And I have my precious husband to thank for helping me get it back so quickly.

"Ooh, you look sexy today," Lucian complimented me in his half-awake state as he lay naked in bed, the black covers covering him from the waist down.

"Why, thank you. I was going for the cool, business-woman vibe, what do you think?" I smiled as I walked out of the closet, going to kiss him good morning, as he sleepily kissed back, holding my cheek in his palm.

"I think you're nailing it, but I would have preferred the married woman that's off-limits vibe," I gave him a look as he chuckled, leaning up to kiss me again.

"Well, all I can say is have fun. If you need me, I'm only a call away, and I'll be here waiting for you to come home," He said, his warm words comfortably settling down in my chest. Honestly, this man was too good to be true.

We were staying at my mother's hotel in Rome for the time being while I got my company, which was in a messy state, under control, and Lucian was more than happy to keep me company here. I did tell him to return to Germany first since I didn't know how long I would have to stay here, but he said that at least for now, he'd stay here with me.

"Okay, don't stay in bed for too long. Call me if you need anything, okay?" I stood back up, brushing down the oversized white blazer that I decided to wear today as he nodded his head along with closed eyes.

"Yes, ma'am," And chuckling, he plopped back down in bed as I sighed, laughing at him under my breath before I turned to leave.

I was really so grateful to him that I couldn't put it into words.

It felt too good to be true, I felt that he deserved someone better than me, a tainted woman with too many emotional scars like me didn't look good next to a confident man like Lucian. But no matter what happens, at least for now, I am happy.

I just hope it lasts.

But it feels like everything's going too smoothly.

"Is everything okay, Mrs Vandenburg?" Alice brought me back to reality as I quickly nodded my head, going to sit on the CEO's seat as I caught my reflection in the mirror beside my large desk.