Chapter 4- A Turn of Events

--Angelina POV--

"He's my best friend," Giggling, I pointed at Lucian who was sat beside me, the amused look unmoving from his face while the barista stood on the opposite side of the counter, a small smile on his face as he stared at me.

"Congratulations, signorina," He said as I laughed, covering my mouth as I did.

"I think she's drunk," I think I am too. Turning to look at Lucian, I moved to rest my cheek against my knuckles, simply staring at him and after a long moment, he did the same, breathing out a deep sigh as his hand outstretched to brush my hair away from my face.

"Has your ex-husband ever seen you drunk?"

"I don't think I've ever even been drunk before," I shook my head. "Why?" I added, raising a curious brow as I watched him.

"You would probably be with him instead of me right now if had ever gotten the privilege to see you drunk, it's adorable," And I giggled again, shaking my head.

"He doesn't love any part of me anymore, not even the parts of me he hasn't seen. He's become a total and complete simp for the maid I hired to work for us a few months ago, it's quite pathetic if I'm being honest," I moved to take another sip of my wine, but failed as he gracefully swept the glass out of my hands, pushing it further away from me.

"I wasn't done with that," I glared at him as he continued to innocently look at me.

"On the bright side, you now have a best friend," He pointed at himself as I nodded. "What do best friends do together? Is there some sort of line that shouldn't be crossed?" He continued to think aloud, bringing me into his thoughts as he did.

"How about we start simple. Nicknames," I snapped my finger.

"Nicknames? Not a bad idea," He nodded along.

"Do you know any common nicknames that are shared between best friends?" I asked the barista as he paused in front of me, taking a moment to think.

"I've heard that the term BFF has come quite far," He advised as Lucian and I shared a glance, until I eventually leaned in a little closer to him, whispering quietly.

"What do you think a BFF is?" I didn't want to seem too ignorant; these are things that people with friends learn earlier on in life, and I didn't have that chance. So, better late than never.

"Big Facebook fan?" He guessed.

"What's Facebook got to do with friendship?"

"You know, cause you make friends on Facebook. Why? Have you got a better idea?" He dared me to give a better example.

"Not really, my first thought was big friendly flowers," I shrugged as he laughed at me.

"Facebook is more believable than friends," He sounded confident.

"I believe it means best friends forever," The barista decided to cut in, probably had it with our consistent bickering about the stupidest of things.

"I think he's onto something," I nudged my head towards the man behind the counter as he went back to cleaning the cups at hand.

"So, should we call each other BFF now or what?" Lucian asked.

"BFF is a term, we need an actual nickname for each other. But that's quite difficult with your name," Putting a hand on my chin, I thought about it, reading his name over my head as I tried to come up with a good nickname.

"What about Lina for you-"

"No. My ex-husband called me that, I hate it,"

"Fine, I guess I'll do the opposite of him then... Angel," I paused, moving to look at him as he smiled at me awaiting, looking like he had found the perfect nickname and wasn't planning on changing it not matter what.