Chapter 24- Nervous Jitters

--Lucian POV--

"How is it possible for someone to be so bad at cooking?" She sighed, flabbergasted as she stood by me, watching me attempt to chop the carrots on the chopping board.

"Hey, it's peer pressure. I'm sure I'd be able to do better if you weren't watching me," I lamely defended myself as she raised her eyes away from my hands to meet my gaze.

"Look at where me not watching you has gotten you," She gestured to my hands where 4 out of 10 of my fingers were all wrapped up in bandages. She's got a point there.

"Okay, okay. I admit that I'm no master chef. I can't have been gifted with talent amongst everything else, that would have been asking for too much," She sighed, giving me a look as if to ask if I was being serious before turning back to the pan on the stove.

We were currently on our honeymoon; all the New York drama being left back in New York as we worked to smoothly finish off this lovely week with no added drama. And Angelina grasped the opportunity to attempt to teach me how to cook, and unfortunately, I can't say that it's going very well since I'm about to die of blood loss.

Standing in the kitchen of my villa in Amalfi coast, I was beginning to get used to the lovely summer weather, something I wasn't accustomed to back in Germany.

But I'd have to admit, being with this woman was like an addictive drug. The more time I spent with her, the more time I wanted to be with her. Each passing day, I would learn something new about her, and I looked forward to that every morning when I woke up.

I wasn't a morning person, everyone knew that. It was a gift to be able to sleep in, especially with my line of work. But as of late, I'd force myself to wake up earlier just to be able to have breakfast with her, even after she offered to wait until I would wake up at my own leisure.

I'd never tell her, but it wasn't breakfast that I would wake up for. It was her. Simply her.

"Is this okay?" She peeked over my shoulder to look at all the horrendous looking carrots that had been mercilessly butchered by my hands. If they hadn't been mushed under the heavy weight of my hands, they had been chopped into different sizes. I swear, a child could have done a better job, but there was no getting passed my fear of sharp kitchenware.

"It'll do," She nodded, shooing me out of the way as I went to wash my hands, staring back at her as she mixed the good parts of my chopped carrots into her stew.

And as I sat down on the island, I watched as she pranced around the large room, tidying up a little while adding some seasoning into the pan, and leaning my cheek against my palm, I continued to simply watch her in admiration.

What was it about her that drew me to her?

The fact that she had multiple personas, and gifted me with entertainment every day? The fact that she was able to meet my level of comedy, and laugh with me? Or was it the simpler things? 

Having spent some time together, I learnt that she loved being organised, she had the habit of itching the back of her neck when she lied, she covered her mouth when she laughed because she's not gotten over her self-consciousness of having braces back when she was younger, the most important person in her life right now was her cat, and I could go on forever.

She didn't think it, but she was an amazing singer, and she accidentally let it slip that the last time she properly celebrated her birthday was when her father was still alive, and something that's always able to make her smile is a warm cup of tea.

Barely a month. That's how long I've known her, but why am I already falling in love?

How am I going to survive through the next year without getting my heart broken? First time I'm in love and it's destined to end in shambles, great.