Chapter 27- A Great Man

--Angelina POV--

"Welcome to our new home. Well, new for you. I've been living here for the past 10 years," He helped me out of the car as I rolled my eyes, taking a moment to look up at the large manor, and what a beautiful sight it was.

It was a large white brick estate with traditional red roofs, surrounded by acres of green land. On our way to the estate, I saw all kinds of trees surrounding the land as if to keep safe from the public eye, and I simply cannot wait to explore since this will be my home for the next year.

Climbing up the many steps that led to the front door, a man dressed in a black suit was respectfully waiting for us with his hands tucked behind his back.

"Angel, this is Stefan, my secretary. You'll be seeing more of each other from now on," I dipped my head down into a respectful nod before going to shake his hand as he took it.

"Lovely to meet your acquaintance," He smiled a small smile at my words.

"Likewise, milady," And he moved to knock on the large, heavy doors in front of us as they were pulled open from the inside from both ways by two doormen, and inside was a sight that I wasn't used to.

"My wife will only get the best entrance," Lucian whispered to me as we stepped into the house and I tried not to make my surprise too evident for them all to see. On the right were a line of men dressed in neat suits, while on the right were a line of women dressed in simple black pencil-dresses with black pumps.

"Is all of this really necessary?" I leaned up to whisper to him, my grip on his arm tightening as he chuckled at me, going to kiss my temple so I took his actions as a yes.

"You're all dismissed, I just wanted to show my wife off to you," Lucian waved them off as I glared up at him, ignoring the quiet chuckles from all the workers.

"I'd like to greet them all," I spoke before they could all walk away, taking them all and the man beside me by surprise.

"Why?" He looked down at me with a raised brow.

"Because I'll be working with them from now on," I stated as a matter-of-fact.

"You mean they'll be working for you," He tried to correct.

"No, I mean I'll be working with them. Having you as a husband is bound to come with its troubles, so I'll be having to work with them to be able to get over those troubles, because in all likelihood, they know you better than I do," He opened and closed his mouth, not knowing how to reply as they all chuckled. 

One of the women who had been standing right at the front stood up straight to come and stand in front of me as I smiled at her gleaming face.

"Now I understand why your mother was going on and on about this lady, sire," I blushed at her words. My mother-in-law's been talking about me?

"She's perfect for your spoilt self,"

"I'm not spoilt," He glared at the woman with crossed arms, offended, but went on to introduce us anyways. "Angel, this is Ingrid, my head maid. She's like a second mother to me. And Ingrid-"

"-Oh, there's no need to introduce her. I've heard so much about you, dear, and I've been so excited to meet you. Your mother-in-law has been talking about you at every opportunity," I laughed awkwardly as she took hold of my hands, gleaming up at me as if I were a statue made of pure, solid gold.

"You flatter me, Ingrid. I look forward to working with you, I'll make sure to treat you, and all the other workers, well," I shook her hands back as she laughed.