Bonus Chapter

--Lucian POV--

I was at work, as happy as I always was, when Reid barged in through the door, an urgent look on his face as if something dire has just happened.

"What are you doing here?" I curiously questioned, putting the papers I had been reading on the desk as I went to sit on the said desk, resting my arms beside me as he quickly shut the door behind him before coming to stand in front of me.

"I don't know how I should say this to you, but I thought it best you hear it from me before you find out through any news sources... It's not the best of news,"

"I doubt anything could ruin my mood, Reid. I'm living the life, you know. I have a beautiful wife, an adorable daughter, a steady source of income, a-"

"We're going to be here all day if I wait for you to finish reading everything off your list," He crossed his arms, impatiently tapping his feet on the ground as he spoke.

"Yeah, well my life is just that amazing. Are you here to shove your jealousy in my face?" He rolled his eyes at my teasing.

"Maybe I should have just let you found out through the local newspaper," He muttered.

"Well since you've come all the way here then you might as well just tell me," I prodded, going to sit on my chair as he sat on the opposite side, thinking about it for a moment as he wondered on how he should word whatever he had to say.

"To put it simply, you won't need to be getting anymore updates from Marcos Romano about the Moretti's, because-" He was cut off as the door to my office slammed open once again, but this time, Leandro was stood there.

"I swear, you guys need to learn how to knock," I mumbled, massaging my forehead as I watched Leandro close the door behind him before coming to sit on the spare seat beside Reid as he looked at me with the biggest smile.

"What is it?" I curiously asked.

"You mean other than the fact that I'm getting married?" He asked with a smug grin. And for a moment I was certain that he was joking, but then I realised that Leandro wouldn't joke about something like that, so then I choked on my surprise.

"What!? Is that the news you had to tell me!?" I exclaimed, looking at Reid before turning back to Leandro who curiously turned to look at Reid.

"Hey, you already knew? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't know, you fool. I had something else to say, but forget that for now. Who the hell are you getting married to?" Right, that was a valid question.

"An interesting woman. She's a doctor, sexy as hell, stubborn, and refuses to lose an argument... I'm helping her with something, and it'll get my father off my back if I get married so it's a win-win situation, you know?"

"You love her?" I curiously asked.

"Define love?" He retorted.

"Have you seen the way this man looks at his wife?" Reid snorted.

"Then no. But... it's going somewhere, I just don't know where,"

"A woman that's able to confuse the great Leandro Gonzalez? Now you know she's a keeper, when can I meet her?" He grinned.

"Never, if I have something to say about it, and why would I willingly volunteer to become a sappy romantic like you?" He scoffed, crossing his legs as he looked at me.

"I might be a sappy romantic, but I'm a happy man." I raised my arms in surrender.

"Yeah, yeah, it'll be a small, intimate wedding. Let me know if you want to come and I'll send you an invite," He instructed as I nodded along. "Because unlike you, I invite my friends," And now he was being moody.