Chapter 7- No longer chance

--Lucian POV--

It seems that the harder someone tries to forget something, the more vivid the memory ends up becoming. And I was unfortunately one of those people right now, but then again, while I'm here calling myself unfortunate, I felt quite the contrary at the time.

A simple woman that I met in the most unpredictable situation has made herself comfortable in my mind, and I don't think she planned on leaving.

And having found myself in this strange, unforeseeable situation, I'm quite unsure of what I should do or even how I should react to these newfound emotions. While I'm a man that always experimented on every possible outcome before sticking to one that he liked, I never honestly expected myself to find anyone at any point in my life.

To be able to call myself heterosexual, I made sure to explore most other orientations. Yes, I know that I'm a weirdo, I was told that often as I grew up, but there's nothing I can do about it since it's just the way I am. But at least now I'm certain that I'm straight, thanks to Angelina.

"Oh my gosh, you're finally home!? What took you so long, did you walk home instead of taking the plane!?" I hissed as my mother slapped my shoulder as soon as she caught sight of me walking through the front door.

"Wow, I missed you too dear mother of mine," I rolled my eyes as she moved to help me take my coat off, doing a complete 180 degree turn from her prior, more violent, persona.

"So, what about Julia?" I glanced over her waiting eyes, going to take the iPad out of my secretary's hands to skim over my schedule for the week.

"Yeah, she's well. Still a really big chatterbox, I don't think that's ever going to change," I rolled my eyes at the memories of having my ear getting nagged off by her constant bickering. One of the good things about my decision to end the fake relationship.

"I don't care about that. The ring, Lucian, did you propose!?" She snatched the iPad out of my hand, one hand on her waist while her heels tapped the ground, damn it, I can't divert the topic this time.

"You mean this ring?" I pulled the box out of my suit pocket, handing it to her as I ran a hand through my hair, shrugging my shoulders in reply to her speechless expression as her jaw comfortably sat on the ground, and I was even nice enough to click it shut for her.

"Wh-Wh-What in the world is this doing here and not on her finger!?" I squeezed my eyes shut as she burst, now understanding why Julia agreed to break the relationship off on the clause that I be the one to break the news to the parents.

Maybe it would have been better to go to my own house before stopping by my mother's home? Maybe then I would have had a higher chance of survival?

I looked to Klaus, my secretary, for help, but getting my hint, he quickly stepped back. 

"I will wait for you in the car boss," And he left without another word. That unfaithful brat, I'm going to get back at him for this, just as soon as I dodge my mother's interrogation.

"You better have a brilliant reason for this?" She sceptically stated with narrowed eyes.

"I don't want to get married to Julia?"

"And I don't want you to remain single for the rest of your life!  I'm not going to be here to keep you company forever, if nature will have it then I hope to leave this earth before you, and in that situation, I want to make sure my son is happy with his life before I go,"

"Mamma, is anyone ever really happy with life?"

"Don't go trying to be all philosophical with me now young man," She warned as I sighed, shoving my hands into my pants pockets as we stared each other down.