EPILOGUE

--Angelina POV--

"Aurora, be careful," Lucian called after our daughter as she played on the climbing frame in the distance while I sat with him on the picnic blanket.

"Where does she get that energy?" He mumbled, stretching his legs out as he sat beside me, peeking over my shoulder to see the book I was reading.

"According to your mother, she got it from you," I chuckled.

"Me? How so?"

"Because you were a crazy child that couldn't sit still in one place," I pointed out as his lips parted in an 'Oh' motion, apparently having forgotten that.

"But still, she's a little girl, what if she falls and breaks something? What if she rubs her hand against that wood and gets a splinter, her cute little hands will be in pain. Honestly, what heartless maniac thought to create such dangerous-"

"-Darling, you're doing it again," I hummed, reading over the same sentence of the story that I've been trying to finish for the past hour as he shut himself up.

"Right, sorry. I can't help it, you know I worry about her," Shutting my book, I turned to look at him with a small smile as he pouted, falling forward so his head rested on my shoulder.

"I know, it's alright. You're a parent, so of course you're going to worry," I assured. "But, I thought of something the other day. Back when my father was still alive, he kept trying to get me to enrol in self-defence classes, but I kept putting it off,"

"Self-defence?" He echoed as I nodded along.

"Yeah, I was really mad at myself when I got kidnapped by Donovan all those years ago for not being able to defend myself, so I thought that if my daughter is ever put in a situation where she'll need to defend herself, she'll be able to do it,"

"That's quite a good idea," He put a hand to his chin as he thought about it. "Of course, for as long as I'm alive, I'll make sure that she's never put in such a dire situation, but it will help to reassure me if I know she has the capabilities to defend herself,"

"It's a brilliant idea, Angel. I'll start looking for the best teachers straight away," And before I could stop him, he had already stood up and gone to stand a few feet away as he called someone and started talking.

I sighed, not being able to hold back my laughter as I looked at him, the way this man worries for his daughter is like no other.

"Oh, would you look at who it is?" I paused when I heard the familiar voice, turning to see the face of Mr Marcos Romano, confusion fawning over me.

"Mr Romano? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Please, call me Marcos. And, I had a business meeting with the CEO of my German branch, the company's close to here," He gestured to a grey-slated building that we could see standing in the distance above all other buildings with its tall height.

"Don't tell me you saw me out your window and decided to drop by," I chuckled as he laughed at my words, shaking his head.

"My wife and kids came with me on the trip, and we'll be returning home to Rome in a few hours, but before then we decided to enjoy our leftover time here in the park. It's a beautiful place so it felt like a waste to not visit," He explained, turning to look behind him as I looked with him as a young woman approached us.

"Hello," She greeted in a warm tone of voice, a smile on her face as she did. She was a beautiful woman with light brown hair while some strands looked gold under the sunlight, sun kissed caramel skin, and bright hazel eyes.