Chapter 40- Too Good to be True

--Angelina POV--

"Call me when you land," 

Lucian was going back to Berlin today for business, but he'd be returning later today in the evening, and I was currently standing at the airport as I waved him off as he went to get on the jet, a sleek black jet with the words 'Vandenburg Corp.' written in gold cursive on the side.

"Of course. And call me when you miss me," He made the phone sign with his hands as he spoke, and chuckling, I nodded my head as he blew me a last kiss before walking in.

"And now... Time for me to get to work," I sighed before turning to get into my own car as I drove off to where my company was waiting.

"What's the schedule for today?" I asked Alice as we entered the building, heading straight for the elevators while continuously nodding my head in greeting as well as speaking repeated 'Good mornings to all my employees who were walking passed me.

"You have to meet some new recruits for their final interview with you, then you have a board meeting to attend with the new, or rather, returning, board members, and then you'll be free for two hours for lunch. And in the afternoon, we have to go to court regarding the case with the previous board members,"

"Right, well I guess we better get started then," I sighed as I entered my office, taking my suit jacket off and slinging it over my chair before going to sit down, and rolling my sleeves up, I thanked Alice for the cup of tea she never forgets to get me.

"You can send the first recruit in when you're ready," I said as I logged onto my computer, and nodding her head, Alice walked off as I went to open the recent email that she sent me which contained the information of all the new recruits who I'd be interviewing today.

"Miss Lara Atwood is here, Mrs Vandenburg," Alice informed over the intercom.

"Yep, send her in," I replied after opening that specific folder.

The door pushed open as the said young woman walked in, a nervous smile on her face which I made sure to reply with a welcoming one of my own.

"You must be miss Lara Atwood, it's lovely to mee you. Please, have a seat," I gestured to the seat on the other side of my desk as she came to sat down.

"Thank you for seeing me today, I've been waiting to get a job here for so long, and you're like my idol, I've always looked up to you, Mrs Vandenburg," I awkwardly laughed at her words, not being able to get used to it no matter how many times I hear it.

"Thank you. I'm glad to see that you're looking forward to this job. I see you've applied to work in the finance team. So, tell me, Miss Atwood, what is it about Luxurian that made you apply, why not any of the other perfume companies that are out there?"

And that's how my day began to play out.

I finished interviewing all the recruits, rekindled some forgotten friendships with my board of directors as they all congratulated, and thanked me to the point where I was beginning to resemble a tomato in surprise, and now I'm finally free for two hours.

So, as Alice had somehow managed to kick me out of the building, I went to get lunch at a nearby cafe where no employees from my company had discovered.

And as I sat on one of the tables, reading through my current book while sipping on my frappe, a smile crept onto my face when my phone began to vibrate with an oncoming call, belonging to none other than my husband.

"I thought you forgot about me," I answered in a playful tone as his deep chuckle could be heard from the other end.

"That wouldn't be possible, I was just waiting to call you at your lunch time because I didn't want to disturb you at work. But I safely arrived in Berlin a few hours ago, and I'm on a timer as I talk to you right now because Stefan is breathing down my neck about getting as much work done as possible," He grumbled.