Chapter 3

We sat beside each other in silence, just watching the movie.

Casper had been completely still except for when he took his suit coat off and placed it on the couch beside him. 

I asked him what Bella was doing before the movie started, and he assured me that she was okay and with somebody that's like a brother to him.

I turned my head and looked at him. His side profile was gorgeous and his black hair was more casual now since he had been running his hand through it earlier. He turned to look at me, but I didn't look away.

"Am I distracting you?" He asked me in a teasing tone.

I just continued to look at him. It was weird how his words were always so rude and cold yet his body language always seemed relaxed and comfortable. I asked him, "What's your family like?"

"I prefer to keep things to myself, thanks."

I bit my bottom lip. I took this as he didn't want to talk, but then he asked me, "What's yours like?"

Complicated. My mom and dad aren't bad parents, they just aren't exactly present. They don't ask me any questions about my life and honestly seem like they don't even care. Marino has always been a great brother to me, despite how protective he is sometimes. One time I brought a boy over and not even 15 minutes passed before Marino was kicking his ass and saying he wasn't good enough for me. He ended up going to jail for armed robbery a few weeks later, so I guess he was right.

"Is this your thing?" I asked him, making him lower his eyebrows. I continued, "Asking me questions but refusing to answer anything I ask you."

"Guess so," He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and went back to watching the movie. He suddenly spoke, "I have no siblings and my father and mother live in Italy." 

"How come?"

"It's where I'm from. I moved here on my own."

"Why?"

"I've answered enough questions."

I rolled my eyes, "You answered two."

"Exactly."

I sighed. It was only a slight crack in the wall he had up, but I wanted to see more behind it. I went to open my mouth to ask another question when he said, "If you ask me another question I will make this night end terribly, darling."

I went back to watching the movie. As annoyed as he sounded, he didn't move.

As the movie continued on and on I began to grow tired. And before I knew it, my eyes were shutting and I slowly drifted off.

♣ Casper ♣

I placed her down on the bed gently the same way I picked her up, careful to not wake her. I pulled the white covers over her and looked down at her for a moment.

She's way more tolerable when she's asleep.

I walked back to the couch and sat down. If I didn't have to look after her I'd leave her to find her way out in the morning and go home, but if something happened to her I'd be responsible. So I guess I'm sleeping on my couch tonight.

I quietly left the room and went downstairs. About half of the people were gone now, but the rest would be soon.

Blondie nearly bolted over me. She asked me, "Have you seen Aurelia? She isn't answering her phone."

"Calm down. She's upstairs sleeping, you can go."

Her green eyes widened and her lips parted. She cleared her throat awkwardly, "Okay. Thank you, Casper."