Chapter 36

We walked down the street, today being warm for late December. Casper tried to make me wear a jacket but I refused because my outfit is super cute.

"Do you want a hot chocolate?" He asked as we passed a cafe.

I shook my head, "Maybe after. I'm really excited for this movie!"

Casper and I were going to the movie theatre together to see a new horror movie that recently came out. We've been doing stuff like this for the past few days, but today it was especially important.

Because I'm leaving tomorrow. 

He held my hand as we entered, the smell of popcorn filling my nose. I love this smell.

We walked in and bought two tickets before walking over to buy snacks. I shared with him, "Marino used to scam for free popcorn. He would take bags out of the trash and say they were his, asking for a refill. It always worked."

"For some reason that doesn't surprise me," Casper smiled, making me laugh.

We walked up once it was our turn and bought two popcorns and a coke for me. Casper insisted on paying since it was my last day, my flight being tomorrow night.

We carried our bags of popcorn into the theatre, sitting in two seats in the top row. I whispered to him, "I haven't been to a movie in so long. Maybe every Friday we can facetime and watch movies together online?"

He kissed my cheek, "I'd love that."

I threw a piece of popcorn into my mouth, becoming quiet once the movie started.

Once I ate all of my popcorn I leaned my head onto Caspers shoulder, smiling to myself. He's driving Marino and me to the airport tomorrow, and I already know I'm gonna cry like a baby when hugging him goodbye. I've been holding in my tears all day.

The movie finished after an hour and a half, the lights turning on. I picked up my garbage, walked out with Casper, and threw our stuff into the garbage bin. I held onto his arm and asked him, "Did you like it?"

"Yea. It was definitely better than I expected."

As we walked closer to the door to exit, an idea popped into my mind when I looked to the side. I pulled his arm over to the small arcade built in, putting a 20 dollar bill into the machine for coins. He complained, "Lex. You should've let me pay."

"Shhhh. Think you can beat me in the dancing game?"

He thought for a second, "Oh hell yeah." 

A laugh escaped my mouth as we got onto the dance battle machine, me taking the pink side and him taking the blue side. We had to hit the arrows below us with our feet that the screen showed us. Britney Spears started playing and we started dancing, and I danced my absolute heart out.

My breathing became heavy through my laughter as I glanced at the score. I told him, "I'm kicking your ass!"

I continued to dance until the music stopped, out of breath. I looked at the score, my jaw dropping. Casper smirked at me and wasn't breaking a sweat, "What happened to kicking my ass?"

"How?!"

He shrugged, "Guess I'm just a better dancer, darling."

I huffed. I looked around, my eyes fixating on the basketball competition. I walked over to it as he followed me, both of us pressing 'play.'

I've never been good at sports. In high school I was always picked last and would just stand there while the boys screamed at me. 

But I still tried my best, never giving up as the timer ticked more and more. Once it was over I swore under my breath.