Chapter 26

♥ Aurelia ♥

"Guess who only has 3 more classes motherfucker!" I yelled to Casper once I exited the door  after my class.

He stood there, waiting for me with a smile. He held his arms out and I gave him a hug, squeezing him slightly. Once he pulled away he grabbed my hand as we headed to his car, and I was nearly skipping in excitement. We were just spending the day at his house, but I needed to stop at my house to grab a few things first. I need more clothes. 

Once we started driving down the road I asked him, "What'd you do today?"

"Had to bitch at Detroit for something," He shrugged, making me laugh. 

I sighed, leaning my head back against the seat. He asked me, "Charlie bother you today?"

"Nope," I replied while lifting my head up, "He actually wasn't in class today."

He nodded his head like he was happy with my answer. And I was too, honestly. It would be awkward to sit next to him after our last conversation. He pulled into my driveway and I placed a quick kiss against his cheek, "I'll be right back!"

I walked into my house quickly, not surprised that my parents weren't home since it's midday. I headed up the stairs and started tossing some sweaters into a bag when I heard a knock on my open door, Marino leaning against the doorframe.

He smiled at me, "Canada, huh?"

I shrugged, "It was beautiful!"

He chuckled and walked over to me, sitting on the bed in front of me. He looked up at me as I continued to pack more clothes and he asked me, "What are you and Casper doing once you leave? Is he going with you?"

I tensed, still feeling upset talking about it. I swallowed before telling him, "As of right now, no. But he's hopeful he might be able to."

He nodded, watching me pack. I zipped up my bag once it was full, slinging it over my shoulder. His next words surprised me, "I'm really happy that you're happy again."

My movements stopped, taking in his words. I smiled at him and leaned down, giving him a hug. He hugged me back and said in my ear, "We need to have a family dinner one more time before you leave, okay? Mom and dad will miss you too, not just me."

"Of course," I replied while pulling away. I said goodbye too him, heading back downstairs.

I walked back outside, not wanting to make Casper wait any longer. I noticed he was on the phone, so I made sure to get into the car as quietly as possible. 

He responded to the person he was on the phone with, "That's the only way, and this will continue to keep happening unless you do it."

The person on the other end continued to talk until Casper cut them off before hanging up, "Once I see it on the news, I'll get you your fucking answers. But remember, this wouldn't mean I work for you. It's a mutual agreement, I'm not your fucking bitch. You have 24 hours to do it."

He placed his phone back down beside him, letting out a sigh before starting to drive. I asked him, "What was that about?"

"You remember my plan to be able to come to Spain?"

I nodded my head. Of course I remember.

"Well, the don has an enemy who shot up his party and blew up one of his warehouses. He asked me to find out who it is since he can't, and I told him the only way I will is if he kills Leonard. Now another one of his warehouses got blown up, so he wants me to go and figure it out. But until I see on the news that Leonard is dead, I'm not helping him."