Chapter 20

I woke up to the sound of a steady heartbeat, reminding me of how I fell asleep on Casper last night.

Despite his grip I managed to slip away, heading downstairs. I started taking some fruit out and setting it on the counter, but nearly jumped out of my skin when I closed the fridge door and saw Casper standing right there.

"Jesus," I said while holding my hand to my heart, "How the hell are you so quiet?"

He shrugged, "I'm an assassin."

I grabbed a knife and bowl and started cutting up the fruit. I looked up at him and asked, "Are you going to that thing in New Jersey this weekend?"

"Fuck no. That's the dons order, Detroit and a few others are going to kill a group of guys," He replied, leaning against his counter.

I nodded, "Oh. Right."

His eyebrows lowered and he looked me up and down. He asked, "Did you want to go to New Jersey?"

"No! It's fine, I was just curious."

His eyes scanned my face, "You're lying. And you're bad at it."

I laughed, putting a strawberry in my mouth. He tucked some hair behind my ear and said, "Why don't we go somewhere else this weekend?"

My face lit up at the idea of going somewhere, just Casper and me. He asked me, "Have you ever been to Niagara Falls?"

"No! I've only seen pictures. But it looks so pretty!" I smiled.

"It is. Why don't we go there this weekend? It is a pretty long drive, so we don't have to if you don't want to," He replied, running a hand up and down my back.

I looked up at him, "I don't mind the drive!"

A smile formed on his face and he pressed a kiss against my forehead. He told me, "Then we'll go this weekend."

I jumped up and hugged him, so excited for this trip. 

He asked, "Am I driving you to class?"

I sighed at the thought of going. But I have to, because I have the last test before I move to Madrid coming up. 

I told him, "Sadly."

"We'll do something fun once you're done," He said before pressing a quick kiss against my lips.

I headed upstairs to get changed. Once I was ready he drove me to class, but I sat in his car for a second. He asked me, "Want to have dinner at my place tonight?"

"Of course," I smiled at him.

We woke up pretty late and my class today is longer, so it'll be 5 pm once I'm done. Before getting out he grabbed my face and kissed me, telling me, "I also have somewhere I want to take you after."

I smiled, beyond excited. I got out of the car and headed to my class, wanting to get it over with so I can see Casper again.

---------

Once my class was over and I walked outside, I immediately found Caspers car. My stomach was rumbling so I told him as soon as I got in, "I can't wait to eat."

He smiled, "Good."

My phone vibrated against my lap and a frown formed on my face reading the next from Marino.

"What is it?" Casper asked.

"My family wants to have family dinner tonight," I sighed.

I bit my bottom lip as I thought for a second. I asked him, "Do you want to come?"