Chapter 32

♥ Aurelia ♥

Waking up, the smell of food cooking filled my nose. I pushed myself up on my elbows, yawing in the dark room. I looked around and I was in Caspers bedroom - but all of the curtains were shut and he wasn't in here. It took a few seconds for my memories to resurface. 

After remembering what happened, I got out of bed, stretching a little as I did so. My stomach and head still hurt a little, but I was still able to make my way downstairs without problems. Once I did so I saw Casper flipping some food on the stove, but my heart dropped a little seeing how tired he looked. His hair was messy and he looked like he needed sleep desperately, slight bags under his eyes. 

As I approached him in the kitchen I looked over at what he was making and smiled at him, "That looks good. Smells good, too."

His dark eyes widened and he placed the pan back down on the stove, pulling me into a hug. He lifted me off of the ground while we hugged and he asked questions rapidly, "Are you okay? Do you need Tylenol? Are you still tired? Are you hungry?"

"Casper!" I laughed at his questioning. Once he put me down I looked him in the eyes and told him, "I'm fine. But since when do you eat chicken for breakfast?"

"It's 6 pm darling, this is dinner," He explained, making me widen my eyes, "I stayed up all night in case you needed anything. Then I've been up all day so there would be food ready if you woke up. I made pancakes and fruit for breakfast and pasta for lunch, but I just threw them out and now I'm making dinner."

I felt terrible that he was so tired because of me. I had no idea I slept so long. I put a hand on his arm and said, "Casper, let's go upstairs so you can get some rest."

He placed a kiss on my forehead and shook his head, "I can stay up until you go to bed again. Plus, dinners ready now."

He turned the stove off and put the food onto the two plates beside him on the counter. He carried mine with us to the couch in the living room even though I tried to reach my hands out to carry it myself. Once I was sitting he handed it to me before walking to the kitchen and returning with a water bottle for me.

He looked at me as I ate, "Are you sure you're okay? I can go get you anything you need."

"I'm fine, Casper. I promise. I just feel a little gross," I shrugged, taking a bite of the flavourful food.

He put his plate down and started heading upstairs. I yelled but didn't get an answer, "Where are you going?"

He came back down the stairs as I finished eating my food, taking a long sip of water which felt so refreshing. He sat back down on the couch and told me, "I made a bath for you. I put two towels in the drier and they are on the counter for you after, I thought maybe you'd want them warm."

My heart warmed at how much he was doing for me. Yet I felt terrible because I know he hasn't slept and he hasn't even taken a bite of his food. I looked at him seriously and told him, "I'm not going upstairs until you eat, okay?"

"You don't need to worry about me, Lex. You-"

I crossed my arms, "I'm not going upstairs until you eat."

He finally listened to me, starting to put the food in his mouth. He's been so busy worrying about me that he hasn't been worrying about himself. I sipped on my water while he ate, watching to make sure he ate all of it. I told him as he swallowed his last bite, "You should take a nap while I'm in the bath."

He tucked some hair behind my ear, "No. I'm not sleeping until you're asleep."

He picked up the plates, stacking them on top of each other. He told me, "Go upstairs now and I'll have a movie ready for us to watch after."