Chapter 15

"You killed your fucking girlfriend?!" I asked in disbelief.

He shrugged slightly, "Well, now ex girlfriend."

I took a step back from him and started to scream Bellas name when he rushed over to me and pressed his hand against my mouth to keep me quiet, "Wait. Let me explain. I left a part of the story about Italy out."

I got out of his grip and nearly spat, "You fucking think?"

"The person who betrayed me. It was Claudia. I had been dating her from when I entered the mafia until I fled to New York. I told her everything, I trusted her. But I guess money was always what she truly loved, because she turned me in for a couple million dollars. She showed up to where I planned to kill Leonard and told me, because she wanted to give me time to run. After hearing that the girl I had been dating for years betrayed me for money, I was livid. I fired my gun without even blinking before I left."

I stared at him, not sure what to think. I asked him, "So would you kill me if I did something you didn't like?"

"No," He spoke softly, taking a step towards me and grabbing my hands in his, "Lex, I've already given you everything you need to get me killed. Not a single soul here knows what happened besides you, because I trust you. But even if you did tell the don, I'd still ever harm a hair on your head."

His words sounded genuine and his face seemed truthful. I shook my head slightly and said, "I don't know Casper."

"I understand. But Lex, I'm here to protect you. Not hurt you. You never have to be afraid of me," He nearly whispered.

I stood there, just looking up at him. I finally spoke, "I'm not afraid of you."

A smile slowly formed on his face, "Good."

We just stood there, looking at each other for a few minutes. I cleared my throat and looked around, "Okay, we should probably try and get back now."

He nodded and started walking in a direction, so I jogged up to be beside him. I looked up at him and asked, "How do we know this isn't just another random direction?"

"Oh. I've known what direction it was this entire time, I just wanted to spend more time with you."

My jaw dropped at his words, yet I couldn't help but smile at the same time. We walked back and once we did, we realized Bella and Detroit weren't outside anymore. We entered the cottage and Bella was walking towards her room. Through a yawn she said, "You guys took too long, we're going to bed now."

I laughed slightly as Casper and I headed upstairs to our room. I pulled his sweater off before sitting down in the bed, pulling the blankets over me. Casper got changed in the bathroom before coming out and laying beside me, my heart rate increasing.

We laid down and he turned the lamp off on his nightstand. His arm went around my body, giving me even more warmth.

As I drifted off I heard him whisper in my ear, "You are so amazing, Lex."

-----------

I mixed the ingredients together, still unsure of what I'm doing.

We're going back home in a few hours, but eating here first. Detroit and Casper cooked dinner, which to my surprise was really good, and now Bella and I are making dessert.

Well, attempting to make dessert. We have no idea what we're doing.

Casper suddenly entered the kitchen and leaned over Bellas shoulder, staring at what she was going. Bella turned and asked him, "Can I help you, creep?"

"That looks terrible. Go hang out with Detroit and let me do it," He suggested.

Bella stared up at him for a few moments before going, "Fine."