Chapter 18

♣ Casper ♣

I entered the dons house with Detroit. He probably won't be too thrilled to see me here, but I don't fucking care. I want to hear about what's going on with the shooter from the party and the investigation on finding Diego.

"He's probably gonna bitch once he sees you," Detroit whispered to me before we entered the room.

The don sat in his office chair and men stood around in the room, waiting to hear what he had to say. After a few minutes, he said, "I got all security footage from every building and traffic light, yet not a single one shows their face. How the fuck did this happen!"

The men shifted uncomfortably, glancing at each other.

The don continued, "One of you fucking idiots better not be in on it. We don't need this shit while we're trying to find Diego!"

His eyes stared at everybody harshly until they fell onto me. He kept them there for a second before shouting, "Everybody out besides Armani."

Detroit whispered to me before leaving, "Good luck."

Everybody exited the room until it was just the don and I. He asked me, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Maybe I wanted a friend," I shrugged.

His eyes narrowed so I sighed. I told him, "Wanted to know more about your party the other day. I don't like to be shot at when I'm enjoying a good steak."

"Well, we don't know shit. So can you leave now?" He asked, the stress from what was going on around him showing in his voice.

I nodded and exited, wanting to go and see Lex anyways.

I drove to her university and waited outside of her class for her. Once the door opened and students started to walk out, my eyes immediately fell onto her. She smiled widely once she noticed me, "Hey!"

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into me, giving her a hug. Once I pulled away I asked her, "Are you hungry?"

"Not really. But I am in the mood for a milkshake if you want one!" She suggested excitedly.

I nodded, "Sure sweetheart."

We drove where she was directing me to go and parked out front. We entered and sat at a table, the place having a 90s theme.

She told me, "I just have one final big test before I leave for Madrid that I have to study for. My flight is three and a half weeks away and I'm starting to get nervous."

My chest tightened at how soon she's leaving. I asked her, "Why are you nervous?"

"I don't know," She shrugged, "What if I don't end up liking it?"

I'm sure she would. Madrid is beautiful and I don't doubt that she'd make friends easily.

I confessed, "I wish I had more than just three and a half weeks left with you."

Her eyes widened slightly and her eyebrows raised. As she was about to respond a worker came over to us and asked cheerfully, "What can I get you guys!"

We ordered and once she walked away, my sentence from before sat with us in the air. 

"I wish that too," She replied quietly.

She cleared her throat, trying to change the mood. She asked me, "Can you take me to the test next week?"

I knew she could've asked Bella or Marino or her parents, so I smiled at her asking me. I told her, "Yes."

She smiled as the worker brought out our milkshakes, putting them on the table in front of us. She started to sip hers and I just let myself enjoy this moment, knowing that it won't last forever.