Chapter 19

♥ Aurelia ♥

I laid with my head under my covers, my cheeks still damp. Why am I so sad? Casper and I are just friends, even if he was doing something with Valentina I have no right to be upset.

She was so much prettier than me, too.

I heard a knock at my door followed by it opening, making me remove the covers. Marino walked in and said quietly, "Hey. Is everything okay?"

I love Marino, but he isn't exactly who I want to talk about boys with. I told him, "Yea. Just need to let it out sometimes."

He came over and sat down beside me. He asked me, "Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm fine," I smiled at him.

He nodded. As much as I'd love to stay up and feel sorry for myself, I have class tomorrow.

He told me, "Just know that I love you, and you can always come and get me whenever you need something."

I stood up and gave him a hug before going into my bathroom and running a bath. My hair got messed up from being under my covers so I got into the warm water and sank underneath it, getting my hair wet to wash. As I was about to put the shampoo in my hair, I saw my phone light up on the ground beside the tub.

It was a text from Casper. It read, 'Lex. Please talk to me.'

I sighed. My thumb hovered over the reply button and I couldn't stop myself from pressing it. I texted back, 'Tomorrow.'

I shut it off, going back to finishing my bath before going to sleep.

--------------

I sat outside of Bellas house, waiting for her to come out. She asked if I could drive her to class today since she's having car trouble, but that Detroit would pick her up after.

She came out and got into my car, "Guess what Aurelia!"

"What?" I asked as I reversed out of her driveway. Terribly, by the way. I'm not the best driver.

"Detroit is taking me to New Jersey this weekend! It's for work, so you what that means," She put her thumb to her throat and made a cutting motion, "But I'm still excited."

I laughed and so did she. She asked me, "Are you and Casper still good? Are you guys dating?"

I bit the inside of my lip. I told her, "No, we aren't dating."

"Detroit and I aren't either. But I'm hoping he'll ask me this weekend," She winked.

I pulled into our university parking lot. We walked towards the door and before walking to her class she yelled, "Enjoy your boring ass major!"

I laughed to myself, entering the door to my class.

I sat down at my desk when my phone vibrated in my pocket. Casper texted me, 'Please come to my place tonight to talk.'

I was going to respond, but my professor walked in. I put my phone back in my pocket, starting to listen to my professor talk.

♣ Casper ♣

Valentina is lucky to still be alive.

I walked into Detroits house, not surprised to see him and some other men smoking cigars in the living room. When he noticed me he stood up and walked over to me, "Still nothing new. It's weird, this person should be so easy to find."

"So, he's just never going to find out?" I asked while lowering my eyebrows. 

He shrugged, "I guess not. There's nothing for us to go off of."