Chapter 24

We were late because of Casper, not me. 

"You look an hour and a half long shower," Casper said while rolling his eyes.

I stopped in my tracks, staring at him as he continued to put his suitcase in the back. I told him, "It was definitely not that long!"

He looked up at me with a 'really?' expression so I pursed my lips, looking to the side. I replied quietly, "Okay maybe it was my fault but they didn't need to yell."

A worker from the hotel came up and started yelling at us because we weren't out of the room in time, but the hotel shower was just so nice. I couldn't help it. 

I put my suitcase in the back with his before getting into the passengers side, ready for the 6 hour drive back. 

I still don't know exactly what his plan is, but I'm praying it works. Every day that I look at the calendar and see January getting closer and closer, it feels like my heart breaks a little. If Casper could come to Spain with me that would be amazing, yet I don't even know what he has planned.

I stared at the glistening snow as we drove, smiling to myself as I knew I'd hold this memory with me forever. 

"You're coming back to my house, right?" Casper asked, the sweet look on his face making my heart melt. 

I nodded, "Mhm. But tomorrow night I might have to spend it with Bella, she said she wants to talk about what happened this weekend. Do you think Detroit asked her out?"

"Probably. I can tell Detroit genuinely likes her, and he's not shy about his feelings," He shrugged.

I smiled to myself. I know how happy Bella would be if Detroit asked her, she literally made me practice for like an hour. 

Caspers phone rang in his pocket, and he shifted in his seat to pull it out. When he did so he rolled his eyes, putting his phone back and declining the call. Without me having to ask he told me, "It's the same guy from yesterday, probably asking me again if I did it."

"Well, what happened?"

He hesitated before speaking, "Okay, well maybe I can understand why they thought it was me at first."

I laughed, "Okay. What happened?"

"One of the dons warehouses was blown up and they don't know who did it. I did set one of his trucks on fire and kill some of his men at one of his warehouses before, so I'm the easy one to blame. But it wasn't me, I'm in fucking Canada. I assume it's the same person who shot up the party, it looks like the don has a new enemy who isn't me," He casually explained it as if it was no big deal.

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. I asked him, "You set one of his trucks on fire?"

"He pissed me off," He shrugged.

I laughed but had to stop and keep myself quiet since we were now about to cross the border back into New York, and I couldn't exactly explain to the border agent why I was laughing.

Crossing was easy once again, and I could've used this time to study, but I just wanted to talk to Casper right now.

"What do you want for Christmas?" I asked him.

He nearly laughed, "Don't get me anything darling."

"I'm gonna get you something. But what do you want? A gun, knives, more black clothing?"

He glanced over at me, "I want you at my house with me. That's it."

Regardless of what he was saying, I was gonna get him something. I just don't know exactly what yet. Maybe Detroit could tell me what he likes.