Chapter 37

Casper handed me a cup of coffee, but there wasn't nearly enough coffee creamer in it. I jumped off of the counter and got it out of the fridge, pouring it into my cup.

I took a warm shower with him this morning that still has me a little breathless. I straightened my wavy hair today - something that I don't do very often. Everything besides the clothes I had on was packed in my suitcase, ready at the front door.

He took a sip of his coffee, but his eyes remained on me the entire time. I laughed slightly, setting my cup down. I wiped my mouth, "Do I have something on my face?"

"No. You're just beautiful, and I want to admire you while I still can."

My heart swelled and I took a sip of my coffee to hide how big my smile was. Since my flight is at 6 we're leaving for the airport at 5, but Marino is gonna get here a little earlier than that.

Casper was taking me to Bellas and then he said he had a hit to do before we leave. So once we were done with our coffee, we got in the car and he drove me. 

Once we were parked he told me, "Text me when you want me to pick you up darling."

I nodded, telling him that I love him before getting out and heading inside. I looked around her house as I entered, not seeing anybody downstairs. I entered her bedroom and whispered, "Where are your parents?"

"They're both at work," She said in a normal volume, "Now give me a fucking hug!"

I wrapped my arms around her, her squeezing me tightly. She said in my ear, "7. Freaking. Months."

"I know, Bella. But we're still going to call all the time, I promise."

She pulled away from the hug, "We better. Ugh, I'm gonna miss you but I'm so happy for you."

I smiled, "Thank you."

She sighed, sitting herself down on her bed. She patted beside her and told me, "Come on! You need to braid my hair one last time."

I laughed, taking a seat behind her and starting to pull her blonde hair back into a french braid. After about an hour of talking and hugging, I decided it was time to go home and spend my remaining time with Casper. 

I pulled out my phone and called him, but got no answer.

My eyebrows lowered. I thought that he would be done by now. Bella offered to drive me home since her parents wouldn't be back for a few hours, so I accepted.

She gave me one last long hug in the car, telling me how much she loves me and how much she's gonna miss me. I got out of the car, fighting back my tears. I entered our house and called out Caspers name, but got no response.

♣ Casper ♣

I slashed the mans throat, his blood splattering against my face. It didn't make me wince, it didn't make me blink. I was angry, and I was taking my anger out.

Footsteps started running down the stairs so I pulled out my gun, shooting his wife. She choked on her own blood before her lifeless body fell down the stairs, and I stared at the 3 people I just killed.

When I only had a hit on one.

Selfishly I walked into their bathroom and used their soap to wash the blood off of my face. I used their towel to dry off before staring at myself in the mirror.

I'm destructive. I'm dangerous. 

I'm not good enough for Lex.

I'm on a fucking killing spree because I can't see her for 7 months. I'm not the kind of man she deserves, she deserves better.