Chapter 4

♥ Aurelia ♥

Disappointment grew on my face reading the text from Marino, 'Can't pick you up, sorry. Busy with work.'

Normally I wouldn't care, but today it was raining. I was wearing a regular white shirt so I had no hood to put up, so I decided I would just go to the library and wait for the storm to pass.

I leaned my head down on my arm, shutting my eyes. I put my earbuds in so that I couldn't hear anybody as I let the time pass.

A hand on my back made me jump up and Casper quickly raised his hands up, "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

I took my earbuds out and found it strange that I wasn't annoyed by his company. I asked him, "What are you doing here?"

"Marino asked me to come and get you."

I bit the inside of my mouth. He only let a few seconds pass before rolling his eyes and saying, "Okay, so are you gonna get up?"

I scoffed. I stood up and grabbed my things, walking towards the exit with him. The rain was still coming down hard and thunder could be heard every couple of minutes. As we got to the door, he pulled me close to him so that my back was pressing against his chest. He held a hand over my head as we walked to his car, none of the rain hitting me.

When we were both in the car I said quietly, "Thank you."

An emotion I couldn't describe appeared on his face, but only for a couple of moments. He started to drive, and I crossed my arms to try and get warmer.

He asked me, "Are you hungry?"

"Not really."

He pulled into a parking spot anyways and said, "Well I am."

I looked at the restaurant that we were in front of. It looked expensive, somewhere I had never been before. I told him, "I don't have any money with me."

He rolled his eyes, "I'll get you whatever you want, come on."

He got out of the car and walked into the restaurant, standing and holding the door open for me and waiting. I shook my head while getting out of the car and quickly walking into the restaurant. 

A worker was quick to greet us and lead us to a table. We sat down and when he asked what we wanted to drink and I said water, Casper added, "Make sure to put some fruit in it."

We sat in silence for a while. I was finally able to find my voice and told him, "Thank you for last night. It was really nice."

"Don't get used to it," He said while flipping through the menu.

I stared at him. Once again, his words were cold, yet here he was bringing me to a restaurant and paying for my meal. 

He suddenly spoke up, "I think I know why you want to go to Madrid."

"Really? And why is that?"

"You're bored of your everyday life. You're bored of living the exact same day over and over again. You want more, but feel like you can't get it here," He spoke seriously, "Am I right?"

I had no idea how to respond. He nodded at my silence, "I'll take that as a yes. But just so you know Lex, being in a new place with high expectations might make you miss this life that you find boring now."

He continued to maintain eye contact with me as the waiter came over to ask what we would like to order.

Our food was brought out quickly after and I took a bite of it. It was delicious, some of the best food I've ever had.