Chapter 39

♥ Aurelia ♥

I woke up, pulled my hair into a ponytail, and rubbed my eyes. I yawed while getting out of my bed, grabbing a sweatshirt out of my closet and throwing it on. 

"Coffee?" Marino asked me as I entered the kitchen. 

I nodded my head, grabbing my books and putting them on the kitchen counter. I need to study my ass off for my upcoming test, I really don't want to fail school here.

"You get to talk to Casper last night?" He asked me, placing the cup of coffee down beside me.

I shook my head, "No. I tried to call him last night but his phone went straight to voicemail like it was dead or didn't have service."

He nodded, taking a sip of his own coffee. He assured me, "I'm sure he'll call you once he's awake."

I hope so. I miss his voice.

I miss him.

I sipped on my coffee while studying, Marino walking back into his room.

A knock came from the door, which I ignored at first. But when there was another knock I rolled my eyes, jumping off of the kitchen stool. I'm too tired for this.

When I opened my door, my heart stopped. My breathing stopped.

There was Casper on one knee. 

His dark eyes were filled with love but his hair was devilish, telling me he had been doing something before this. I asked in disbelief, "Casper? How are you-"

"The don is dead. I killed him. I'd let the world fucking burn before I live without you Lex," He smiled, the diamond ring glistening from the sun. 

He continued, "I love you so fucking much, Lex. You are who I want to wake up with, go to bed with, spend every day with. You are the girl I want to call my wife. I know it hasn't been that long, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that you're the girl for me. So Aurelia Lavender, will you marry me?"

Aurelia. He used my real name for the first time.

My heart rate increased and I started questioning if this was really happening. After a few moments of silence, he said worriedly, "Say something, Lex."

Casper Armani. The love of my life, is proposing to me.

"Yes!"

He put the ring on me before pulling me into his chest, pressing his lips against mine. This is what I've been missing. 

He pulled away, running his hands through my hair. He looked at me like I was a prize, and I moved my eyes back to my ring.

It looked so expensive. I asked him, "This wasn't that expensive, right?"

"It was only a few thousand dollars, don't worry," He kissed the top of my head.

My face lit up. I told him, "I have to go tell Marino I'm engaged!"

"Wait," He called out, making me stop.

He walked back over to me and said, "Let's go get married. Right now."

"Right now?" I asked while raising my eyebrows.

He nodded, making me smile. I told him, "That's crazy!"

"Life is more fun this way, and I'm going to show you that. Wife," He smiled at the word, my heart swelling in my chest.

This was impulsive. Not really thought through. But that doesn't really matter to me, because I want to marry Casper Armani.