Chapter 31

My hands shook a little in his presence. I knew what he was capable of, and I knew that he could kill me at any given moment.

I questioned, "How are you using me to get revenge?"

"Casper and I were pretty good friends back in Italy. The only motherfucker there that was bearable, actually. He gave me the warning and thanks to him, I was able to flee to Scotland. I still had connections, just none that people knew about. Once I heard the don here was looking for me, I assumed it was because he and Leonard were working together. Made my way down here, blew up a few of his warehouses. Then Leonard dies, yet he's still looking for me. So I start to do a little research of my own and learn that he thinks I'm the one who killed his son. But after hearing about the evidence found at the crime scene, I knew only one person could be framing me. Your little boyfriend Casper."

I remained silent, focusing on my lungs filling with air as I breathed. With a little bit of fear in my voice, I asked, "So you're killing me to get revenge on Casper?"

"Exactly," He pointed a single finger at me, "You're smart. I like that."

My heart sank. I'm going to die.

He grabbed a wooden chair from the desk and slid it over to be in front of me, taking a seat. He held his hands together as he asked, "Why did Casper kill the dons son?"

"He didn't, I did."

I couldn't throw Marino under the bus. I wouldn't doubt that he would go after him and kill him next. Diego chuckled, shaking his head, "Now why on earth would you do that?"

I kept my mouth shut. He rolled his eyes, "I'm pretty patient. I can wait."

"Then you'll be waiting forever," I replied.

Another chuckle came out of him. He stood up, pulling a pistol out of his pocket that made my skin feel as cold as ice. He aimed it at me, an amused smirk forming on his lips, "You have a mouth to you. Should've expected it, it's always the sweetest looking girls with the most fire to them."

I swallowed. Now with a gun pointed at my head, I didn't feel so confident.

He kept the gun pointed for a few more moments before slowly lowering it. He shrugged, "I want to have some fun with you before I kill you. Let's play a game."

I still kept quiet. He took a few steps to the left, placing his gun on the desk. He walked back over to me and asked, "Favourite colour?"

Silence filled the room, since I didn't respond. I wasn't playing this game with him.

When I didn't answer his fist collided with the side of my face, my jaw aching in pain. He grabbed a fistful of my hair and forced me to look at him, "This is what happens when you don't answer my questions."

I answered with a pained voice, "Blue."

He nodded, "Good pick. Favourite food?"

"Pasta."

"Another good pick," He smiled, "But let's get to the fun questions now. Between your parents, who do you love more?"

If my jaw wasn't in so much pain it would've dropped at his questions. With a confused face, I asked, "Why do you even care?"

"Answer the fucking question."

When I didn't his knee collided with my stomach, and I couldn't keep myself from letting out noises of pain. My hand went to my stomach as I fought back tears, "My mom."

He shrugged, "Usual. People usually like their moms more."

He crouched down to be my height, looking me in my eyes. His mouth turned up in a smirk as he asked, "Now who do you love more. Your boyfriend Casper, or your brother Marino?"