Chapter 35

♥ Aurelia ♥

I stood in the kitchen, trying my best to be quiet. I didn't want to wake Casper up. After a few rings, Marino picked up, "Hey, Merry Christmas Aurelia."

"Merry Christmas Marino. I just wanted to call and check on you, since you don't have to work today anymore."

He went silent for a moment. He finally replied, "I'm really sorry. I know this is all my fault, and you and Casper would be able to stay together if I just didn't kill his fucking son."

I took a deep breath. Of course, that thought crossed my mind, but I don't want to hold a grudge over it my entire life and hate my only brother. I told him, "It's okay, Marino. In two years we're going to move in together and get a cat. But I actually had a question for you."

"Okay, what is it?" He asked, curiosity lacing his voice.

"Casper bought a house in Madrid and put it in my name. And now that he can't come with me, I was wondering if you would?" I asked, feeling a little nervous. Even though he's my brother, I would still feel so embarrassed if he said no.

He sounded surprised, "You want me to come with you?"

"Yea. You finally have your freedom now, you should make the most of it."

He laughed on the other end slightly, "I would love to. I'll tell mom and dad once their awake."

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me. I heard movement upstairs so I quickly hung up, ready to surprise Casper.

"Merry Christmas!" I smiled, running over to Casper once I heard him walking down the stairs. 

A smile formed on his face as he pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head, "Merry Christmas sweetheart."

I had woken up before him, so I baked some more Christmas cookies and put a movie on the living room TV. It's only been about 30 minutes, but this is already my favourite Christmas ever.

I grabbed his arm, pulling him over to the presents under the tree. I picked up one of them and handed it to him, "Open it!"

He laughed slightly, "Relax darling. I've only been up for 5 minutes."

I sighed, putting the present back down. He put his hand on my lower back and made me walk with him into the kitchen, starting to make some coffee. He asked me, "Do you want some?"

I nodded my head yes after making sure that he still had the coffee creamer I like. He drinks his coffee black, which I find so gross. I put so much coffee creamer in mine it's probably unhealthy. He grabbed two mugs, pouring the coffee into both of them. I put creamer into mine before we headed back over to the tree.

My heart still hurts knowing Casper can't come with me. But I'm going to wait these two years too, because I see my future with him. Only him. 

I pushed my present towards him again, hoping that this time he would actually open it. He grabbed one of his, handing it to me to open. He told me, "Same time. Okay?"

I nodded my head.

We started to open our presents at the same time, my jaw dropping seeing at what he got me. I told him, "Oh my God. Casper, this is beautiful!"

He was too focused on the present in his hands that he didn't even hear my words. He stared at what I made him, a smile on his face and love in his eyes. He whispered to himself, "Oh my God. I'm so lucky."

I made a scrapbook of our memories - including the library, Niagara Falls, the aquarium, the fireworks. Hopefully it keeps him from forgetting about me while I'm in Madrid.