Chapter 13

I held up a pink skirt and yelled, "Casper!"

He looked over at me and I told him, "5 bucks if you try this on."

"I don't need 5 bucks," He replied while walking over to me, "Plus I think I'd look hotter in red."

I rolled my eyes and put it back. We were at the mall, although I don't know why. But I've been dragging him into stores we've been passing on our way to wherever he wants to go.

I sighed, looking around. I told him, "Okay. I think I'm done."

"And you aren't going to buy anything?"

"Nope."

He rolled his eyes and we exited the store, walking past all of the other people shopping. He was probably annoyed because that was the third store I made him go in, but I didn't buy anything. I just like to look around, not spend actual money. 

"Where are we going, anyways?" I asked.

My question was answered when he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me towards a restaurant in the mall. As we approached it I told him, "Um, I'm not hungry Casper."

"We aren't here to eat," He replied

I furrowed my eyebrows as I followed him. We walked into the back room and there were people cooking food and filling drinks up.

He walked over to an area filled with ingredients. He picked up a bag and scanned it before nodding and starting to walk away with it. I asked him, "You came to the mall to steal a bag of food?"

A small smirk appeared on his face. He grabbed my arm and we walked over to an area in the kitchen that was out of the way of the cooks. He opened it and held it out for me to look inside.

It was filled with stacks of cash. It was a few hundred thousand dollars at least. My eyes widened as I looked around and he told me, "I get paid in weird ways. Some people prefer to leave money for me to pick up since they don't want to see me face to face."

He looked passed me and the amused look left his face. I turned around to see who he was looking at when a cook approached us. He smiled at Casper, "I'm glad to see you got the drop off, Mr. Armani."

"I did, but I'll be leaving now."

"Wait," The man said, "Who's this? I haven't seen her around you before. Actually, I've never seen anybody around you."

I felt Caspers hand grab onto the back of my shirt and pull me back towards him. Casper said harshly, "Her name is none of your concern, now fuck off."

My jaw dropped as he forced me to walk with him out of the restaurant. Once we were a good distance away I told him, "You are so mean to people. You know, if you were a little nicer you'd have way more friends."

"I don't want friends," He replied while looking forward as we walked.

I bit the inside of my mouth. I looked up at him and said, "I'm your friend."

He looked at me now. He stared at me for a few minutes before shaking his head slightly, "No you aren't."

Before I could ask him to elaborate, we were at the doors to exit the mall. We walked outside and a gush of wind hit us, which would've made me stumble backward if Caspers hand wasn't on my back.

I walked fast to his car, wanting to get out of the cold. I shivered as he started his car, turning the heat on instantly.

He asked me, "Do you want to come back to my house for a bit? Marino can come and pick you up later since I have something to do tonight."