Chapter 29

Entering the dons house, I felt on top of the fucking world. 

I opened his door without knocking, making him swear, and stop writing on the paper in front of him. I said unapologetically, "Oops."

"Better have some good information for me," He sighed, sitting back in his chair.

Reaching into my pocket and grabbing the lighter I tossed it onto his desk. His curiosity went up as he picked it up, bringing it closer to his face. While he observed the Russian flag on it I told him, "It's Diego. Guess he doesn't like to be searched for."

This news clearly took him by surprise. He tossed the lighter back onto his desk and swore, "Shit! The fucking asshole is costing me millions."

"What are you gonna do?" I asked, although I felt like I could already tell what he was going to say.

He thought for a second, rubbing his forehead. He let out a frustrated sigh, "Call off the search for him. I'm not losing any more money over him."

I repressed my smile. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

"My last attempt ever. You sure you don't want to work for me?" He questioned. What an insufferable man.

I didn't give him a response, just turning around and leaving.

I will never work for him, no matter what.

---------

 ♥ Aurelia ♥

I'm studying for my test tomorrow in the library, but it's been hard to focus. We're having dinner with my family tonight which I'm so excited about, and then Casper told me this morning we could go and pick out a Christmas tree after.

I'm feeling both nervous and excited to tell my parents Casper is coming with me to Madrid. 

I went back to studying and 30 minutes later my eyes immediately noticed Casper walking through the door.

He looked around in disgust, like the surrounding books were the grossest things he has ever seen. Once he was over to me he bent down and kissed the top of my head, "You ready?"

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, nodding my head. We walked out to his car and he held his hand out for me to take since it was icy out.

Once we were in the car and driving I asked him, "How do you think they'll react?"

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm sure they'll be supportive."

He's right. I'm worrying for no reason.

Once we got to my house and entered, I could tell by the smell it was my moms favourite pasta. We walked into the kitchen and her face lit up seeing Casper, "Casper! I'm glad you're joining us again. You're lucky I always make extra."

She then proceeded to ask, "Can you guys go and get Marino please?"

I nodded and we headed upstairs, walking over to Marinos closed door. I knocked and waited for him to reply before entering, his eyebrows raising once he noticed Casper standing behind me.

Casper spoke from behind me, "Enjoying your day off?"

"Yea, the don called off the search for Diego so I don't have to work 16 hours a day now. You have something to do with that?" Marino asked, running a hand through his messed up brown hair. He must've been taking a nap earlier, which I don't blame him for.

Casper nodded, "I'm the one who figured out it was Diego. At least now you get to work less."

"Yea, I guess," Marino sighed, "Wish I could just leave this shit though."