Chapter one

Chapter one.
Katherine's pov:

"I will not marry him!" My father stepped up from the dining table, just as I had done seconds after he demanded me to marry a man I had never met.

Of course I knew who he was. Everyone did. Silas Crimson, heir of the Crimson Kings mafia.

"Do not raise your voice at me Katherine!" He yelled and I could see my mother flinch from his side. "You will do as I tell you to!"

"I will not marry anyone. I don't care if it's for alliance, because we both know we don't need it!" I hissed back. Our mafia was one of the most feared, if not the most. No one dared touch us, so why marry a man who cannot give us anything.

Before I got to speak up again my father slapped me right across the face. I gasped and put a hand to my cheek. My mouth stayed shut and I sat down in silence.

Neither my mother or my brother did or said anything. I wouldn't except them to, since they never did.

"I am your father and you will show me respect!" He demanded and sat back down.

My cheek ached and I knew it would leave a mark. One I would have to cover up later.

"But father, if you just tell me why," I tried and he cut me off again by picking up a fork and throwing it in my direction. He missed by a few inches only.

My mother stared blankly down at her plate, not wanting to show my father a reaction.

"Do not question me Katherine. You're leaving tomorrow" He said at last.

I wanted to throw something, anything. At him and at my mother who wouldn't even try to stop this from happening.

Before I did something I would regret I got up and left the room without saying another word. I had nothing to say to the man I call father. He sells me away to another man without me knowing, and now he tells me I have to leave tomorrow!

As I got into my room all I wanted to do was sleep, but I knew that when I woke up I would have to leave. I know nothing about this man that's soon to be my husband. At least not the important kind of things.

And I could only dream of getting happily married. It's not very common in the mafia. Here the men just pick a woman to their liking. Many don't even get married. They just uses their women for pleasure.

I sat down on my bed and googled his name. "Silas Crimson" Nothing came up. He's a secretive man yet everyone knows of him.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on my door. "Katherine?" It was my mother. I didn't answer, but she came into my room anyway.

"How are you." She asked as she closed the door behind her. "Oh well mother I'm just wonderful. So happy that you married me away without me knowing." I said sarcastically.

She sighed and sat down on the bed next to me. "Kat dear, I had no idea—Truly. But there is nothing I can do." She spoke with such guilt in her voice. I knew she meant it, but her words meant nothing to me.

"You know how your father is. All his crazy ideas of what is good for you." She tried defending him.

I huffed a ridiculous laugh. "What is good for me? He has never cared about what is good for me. So don't for one moment try to convince me that he's doing this for me, because we both know that's not true."

Her eyebrows sunk. She knew it too. He never thinks of anyone but himself.

"I'm too young to marry." I said to her after a long minute of silence. "I was about you age when I married your father." She always tried to make me see the good in things, but in this case there was none.

"Well I don't want a marriage like you and fathers." There is no love what so ever in him. Her on the other side shows loads of it.

"I know nothing about him." She looked me in the eyes and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I moved away from her touch and her face sank instantly.

"He's not much older than you at least." She said to me as if it would make the whole situation much better. "Only twenty one." Two years apart.

"Can I be left alone now?" I asked and got up. She nodded and walked towards the door. "You should start packing soon." She suggested and left me alone.

I walked into the bathroom connected to my bedroom and looked at myself in the mirror. He's going to regret ever marrying me. I'll be the worst wife he's ever known, so that he'll be begging my dad to take me back.

When I walked out to my bedroom again I saw a long black dress laying on my bed. My blood started boiling and I felt like screaming.

I reached under my pillow and grabbed the knife there and threw it in anger as hard as I could on the wall.

Authors note:
Finally first chapter is out!!!

If you spot any spelling mistakes in this book please be aware that English is not my first language. Also I don't bother to proof read before I post, so autocorrect might mess it up a little:/

But anyway, hope you like the book and please vote if you do.
Also comment if you have any questions or anything that I made unclear:)

Quote: One lie is enough to question all truths.