Chapter ten

Chapter ten.

Silas's pov:

The man's body had been removed from the stage. People were still drinking and chatting with one another, yet there was one person I could not see anymore. She needed to get an explanation.

I walked over to the table she sat at earlier. "Where is she." I asked approaching Ezra.

He turned his head slowly with a wine glass in hand and a grin on his face. "Who Katherine?" I nodded. "Uhm—I don't know, maybe she left?"

"Why the fuck did you bring her here just to loose her. The least you could do was to look after her when you brought her to a room filled with my men." I looked around the room while talking, searching for her.

"It almost sounds like you care." Ezra smirked at me.

"Don't be foolish." I said while walking away from him.

I walked around searching for her until I was alone in this big ballroom. It was first now that it was empty I remembered the door at the back of the room.

I opened the door abruptly. There she was, sitting in the open window with both feet hanging on the outside. She turned her head quickly as I shut the door behind me.

She had a different kind of look on her face then usual. The look of disapproval, scare and disgust all at the same time.

"Stay away from me." She said as I walked closer to her. She held on tighter to the window frame as if she thought I would push her out of the window.

"You weren't supposed to be there." I said standing still not to scare her. She should be scared of me, even if I didn't want her to be, she should.

"Well I was, and I saw what I saw." She swallowed hard, anger filling her voice and face. "You are sick! All of you are." I know.

"I saw the fucking look on Ezra's face as you cut off that man's fingers. Fucking joy!" I tried to keep my face straight. She's not to see my emotions, not yet, not ever.

"You can not judge Ezra for this. That man was his uncle, the closest thing he had to a father." I explained. I felt my eyebrows tugging downwards. "And he betrayed us. He could have gotten Ezra killed and still did what he did, so do not blame Ezra for this." Blame me, it was me.

"I did what had to be done. People need to understand if they cross me there will be consequences." I looked away from her, not baring to look at those eyes filled with disgust towards me.

"What if I crossed you? Would you have tortured me like that?" She asked which caused me to look at her. My face turned hard. "Because if so—No." I cut her off with complete seriousness.

"No, because you are not going to cross me." That was the last thing I said before leaving. I didn't even allow her to say another word before I took off.

Katherine's pov:

After the "meeting" as he had called it, the tension was unbearable. Every time I passed him in the halls all we did was cast a look in each other's directions.

It was still awkward between me and Ezra as well, or maybe he didn't feel that way, but I did. Ever since I saw that look on his face while watching his uncle get tortured I had been looking at him differently. I shouldn't blame him though, and I know that. His uncle did try to kill him so...

+++

Some nights later I hear noises from downstairs, so naturally I had to see what was going on. Wasn't going to get any sleep anyway.

Loud pricks.

I headed down the long staircase in leggings and a oversized hoodie.

The noise was coming from the living room I realized as I walked in. There I found Silas, Ezra , Alexander and a guy I hadn't seen before. Silas was sitting in a chair while the other three on the couch.

"Well, well, well who do we have here?" The guy I had never seen before asked looking me up and down.

Ezra turned his head in my direction and smiled. "Katherine! Come join us." I saw the look on Silas's face as Ezra said that, but chose to ignore it and sat down next to Ezra.

"What are you doing up so late?" Alexander asked curiously leaning forward in his seat so he could see me.

"You guys are being fucking loud, that's what." I said annoyed and rolled my eyes.

"Ooo, this girl needs some dick. No one in this house pleasuring you, sweetie?" The guy I didn't know said causing Ezra to burst into laughter, Alexander to totally drop out of the conversation by grabbing a beer and Silas to sit up straight to listen at my response. He always did that.

"I don't need a man for pleasure, that I can do perfectly fine myself." Yet again I rolled my eyes, and yet again Ezra didn't even try to keep himself from laughing.

Silas cleared his throat to get my attention. "If that's your true meaning then you've never had a proper man to please you." I met his eyes properly for the first time since we argued.

He was right—I hadn't.

His gaze was intense and I held it. That was power, holding eye contact is powerful and only a few people have that power.

Ezra got up from his seat beside me which caught Silas to be the first to break eye contact. Loser.

"Want a beer?" Ezra asked me as I looked at him. I nodded. "No she don't." Silas answered for me.

I shot him a glare. "Yes I do!" I yelled after Ezra. "And you, I don't know if you're aware, but I'm not a fucking child. I can make my own decision's." I said pointing my finger at Silas. All I got In response was a eye roll. A fucking eye roll. Prick.

I looked to my side and found the guy I didn't know creeping closer to me. I hated guys like this, like him—Ugh.

"If you want, I can show you what a real man feels like." He said winking at me from my side.

"Excuse me, who are you?" I said and looked him slowly up and down. It wasn't an impressive sight that was for sure.

The guys head turned away from mine in irritation as Alexander pecked him on the shoulder. "What?" He asked annoyed.

"You shouldn't say stuff like that to her, she's Silas's fi—," Alexander was cut off from his sentence as Ezra jumped onto the couch in between me and that guy. Thankfully he was cut off, because if he were to say what I thought he were. He would be lying. I'm nothing to Silas. As long as my finger is bare it'll stay that way.

I barely had any space in the couch, because Ezra was sitting so close to me. "Ugh, move over." I said pushing at his back.

"No you move." Ezra said and motioned to the chair beside Silas. I sighed, took the beer and sat down in the chair. Finally some space.

The three guys on the couch had started talking about something I had no interest in, it didn't seem like Silas had either as he was watching my every move. I took a big sip of my beer. "Easy there." Silas said and I only drank more at that.

"You really need to stop demanding me around." I said and sat the beer down. "Prick." I said quietly.

"You need to stop being so damn stubborn." His expression was blank at first. "Snake." A smirk spread across his face.

Snake—Really? I rose one eyebrow and rolled my eyes. He licked his lips while smirking at me. I quickly dragged my gaze from his lips and turned away.

I grabbed the beer and took a big sip from it.

Authors note:

I person really liked this chapter.
Not much happened, but still:\

What do you think?

Quote: The snake will always bite back.