Chapter three

Chapter three.
Katherine's pov:

We drove to his house in utter silence. I couldn't think of how awkward it was, just how little I wanted this.

When we walked into his house I was greeted by a older woman. 'He' and Richard just walked separate ways.

"Hello, I will be taking you to your room." She said with a smile. She tried to grab my bag, but I insisted on carrying it myself.

Their house was big. The staircase though was massive. There were two staircases. One leading to the right side of the house and one to the left. I was lead up the left and I noticed 'He'  was heading up the right.

My room too was big, but missed a lot of decorations.

Ugh I already didn't like it here.

"This will be your room and there is your bathroom, and closet." She said while pointing to the different doors.

I nodded and wondered something. "Can I ask, who are you?" I asked because I wanted to know if she was his mother.

"Oh yes of course, my name is Maria. I'm just working here." She explained. That made sense since she didn't look a bit like Sil—Him.

"And oh If there is anything you need you can ask Silas." I cringed at his name. I disliked him faster then I thought I would.

And yeah—no, I wouldn't be asking him anything. In fact I would try to stay as far away from him as I could.

I just nodded to her and she left me alone in my so-called "room."

I changed into other clothes. Jeans and a jumper covering most of my body. I didn't want to wear that dress longer than I had to.

Only seconds after I had pulled the jumper over my head I heard a knock on my door. "Dinner is ready." A deep male voice said from the other side of the door. I couldn't quite figure out who it was. If it was 'him' or not.

I waited a few seconds in hope for the person to be gone. And it was. I walked down the long staircase and found the dining room.

Richard was seated at the top of the table with a woman on one side and 'him' on the other. The woman turned to me and rose from her chair with a kind smile on her face.

"Hello dear, please take a seat." She said and pulled out the chair next to her for me. I gave no smile in return, but sat down next to her.

There was already food on our plates and everyone started eating. I hesitated at the thought they might poison me. But then on the other hand, if they do at least I won't have to be here, so I ate.

"Tell me, what's your name?" She asked in a calm tone. I was guessing she was the mother since she was eating with us, but what had me hesitate was her age. She looked too young to be the mother of a twenty one year old.

"Katherine." 'He' answered before I could.  I slowly looked up. His stare was again set on me. Those eyes searching my face for answers. I gave him none.

"A beautiful name Katherine. I'm Alice, Silas's mother." So she was his mother. I could see their similarities, although she looked much to young to be his mother.

I nodded slightly not knowing what to say. "So what do you think of my son?" Richard asked taking a sip of his glass of wine. I had also been poured a glass of wine. I wonder if they know I'm legally not old enough to drink, but who cares.

"What I think of your son?" I asked repeating his question. He nodded. "I think that I don't know your son." I said in a snappy tone. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I think it came out that way.

Richard stared at me with a not so happy expression. "Is this how you talk to your father in law?" He asked and it sent a sort of fire thorough me. I knew I would snap again.

"No, because I have no such thing as a father in law. And you certainly are not that." I put down my fork and stared Richard straight in the eyes as I spoke.

He hit his fist against the table causing at least one plate to shatter into pieces on the floor. "Get her out of my sight!" He yelled at no one in particular.

Wonder who he reminds me of...

I gave him a fake smile. "I'll gladly do so for you." I left the dining room and went up to my room. I heard yelling from downstairs, but I didn't care.

It wasn't smart of me to act like that in a house filled with members of the mafia. But what would they do, kill me? Go ahead, the place I'll be going will be better than here.

Authors note:

I just want people to be aware that this story is going to contain mild use of abuse. Not a lot, but mostly talking about it or flashbacks.

Just wanted to give people a little TW.

Quote: If you don't control your temper, your temper will control you.