Chapter thirty four

Chapter thirty four.
Katherine's pov:

I told him everything. From the moment I was told I had to kill him, to the many times I had cowered away from actually finishing the task.

He stayed silent the whole time I was talking, and even after I was done he stayed quiet. "Say something please." I begged him. His silence was unbearable because I knew how he felt inside right now. I knew he hated me.

"So all this time—it was nothing but a lie," He looked down, brows furrowed and mind running crazy. I could only begin to imagine all the things that must be going through his head. "You were just pretending,"

"I was never pretending with you, everything I said and did was real, Silas." I explained, but he rose abruptly from the bed clearly not believing me.

"No," He put his head in his hands, now pacing around the room. "That's why you couldn't say it back to me, because it was all a lie." He pulled at his hair as if he was frustrated at himself more than me.

"I couldn't say it back to you, because I knew you would never feel that way about me if you knew the truth." I rose from the bed as well, didn't even care about the stinging in my stomach.

It looked as if something inside of him snapped and fell into place. "No, you didn't say it back because you're a fucking coward!" He yelled while looking me dead in the eyes. His words stung more then I'd like them to, but I knew he was right.

"Well, tell me I'm wrong then! Tell me you still feel that way about me, tell me you still love me!" I yelled back.

"Of course I fucking do!" His words made me freeze, us both actually. Those words were not the ones I was expecting, maybe not even the ones I had hoped to hear. Because how could I possibly be angry at him when this was all on me.

"You are just too scared to let anyone love you to accept that. This doesn't even have anything to do with the fact that you ware going to kill me. It's just you being too scared to let yourself realize that you might actually get someone in this world who cares about you." Again I could not move, nor speak. He was right and I knew it.

He was suddenly in front of me, holding my face so I would look at him. "Just because your father never loved you, does not make you any less worthy of love." I went numb in his arms. Those words was the ones I had been wanting to hear all my life, been searching for a way to actually believe them.

And I think I just found what I'd been looking for. Actually I think I did the first day I said a word to him. He was the one all this time. The one person I now knew loved me, the one person I trusted and definitely the one person I could only begin to imagine a future with.

I couldn't hold back my sobs anymore. He held me tight in his arms despite the fact I could just stab him in the back right now. It would be so easy for me and yet there he stood, holding me because he knew I needed it.

My lips were shaking as I tried to speak. "W-why are you not scared I'm going to hurt you? Why do you trust me?"

He pulled his face back and gave me a sort of sad smile. "Love does strange things to a man." His eyes went to the floor as he continued to keep that sad smile on his face. There was a long silence before any of us dared say another word.

And just then did I realize what that smile was about. He was hurt. "Silas." I began, to catch his attention again. "Why do you think I stabbed myself?"

His eyes were blank, but he was not crying. "Because," He paused forcing himself to keep it together. "Because you would rather die than love me." Those might have been the hardest words for him to say tonight. I could hear the shattering of his heart as he said them.

"You really think that's why I did it?" I asked putting my hand on his neck. "It was because I would rather die than loose you like that." His eyes met with mine, filled with hope for what was coming next.

"I did it because I love you, Silas."

His eyes softened, going from scared and defensive to the softest I had ever seen them. Relief that's what it was. I can't say I wasn't relieved too for finally saying it out loud.

For a good minute he just stood there staring at me. Maybe waiting to see if I'd take it back. But I wouldn't, never. "I did it because I could not bare to hurt y—"

I was cut off by his lips on mine, his fingers in my hair and then on my body pulling me as close to him as he could possibly get me.

My skin was on fire, I had no idea what was happening to me. I always got cold when he touched me before, always freezing with chills running crazy everywhere he touched. But now it was different. Now I was on fire.

"Say it again." He demanded out of breath in between our kisses. I was sat down on the edge of the bed with his lips still connected to mine.

"Say what?" I asked wanting to hear him say it first. We crawled further onto the bed, his hands went under my lower back to keep us pressed together. My back was burning, I thought his hand might leave a print there once he let go.

An annoyed growl left his throat and that was enough for me to give him what he wanted. I removed my lips from his mouth and continued by kissing my way up his neck. "I love you." I whispered as I got close to his ear.

A mixture between a moan and a groan left his lips, it was enough to light my skin on fire. When I continued kissing him I felt his Adams apple jump under my lips. "I love you." I whispered again and again in between kisses. He responded on different ways each time.

Just as I met his lips with mine again we were cut off by a phone. My phone. Silas rolled off the bed and held up the phone in front of me. My skin was no longer in flames. My father was calling.

Authors note:

Thank you sooo much for 10k reads!!

Love you all, especially the ones of you that comment. I'm really laughing my ass off to some of your comments.

Quote: We never realized how frozen we are until someone starts melting our ice.