Chapter seven

Chapter seven.
Katherine's pov:

Before I did something I knew I'd regret I stormed out of the library and down to painfully long staircase.

At the bottom I was met with yet another male. Ezra I believe his name was, the annoying one of Silas's two friends.

"Where are you coming from in such a rush?" He began following after me as I tried to get away from him and just everyone.

I ignored his question and continued walking fast paced towards the front door.

"Have you asked Silas for permission to go outside at this hour?" He asked still following me.

It was late yes, but why the fuck would I ask for his permission?

"He's not my dad now, is he?" I rolled my eyes still keeping my steps quick. I reached the front door and as I walked out of the house Ezra caught up with me.

"Where are we going?" He asked from my side with a big grin.

Ugh can these people never leave me alone, it's not like I'm gonna run away. I would, but it's not like I could.

"We are not going anywhere." I told him with a strict tone.

"Come on—you seem like you need a bit of fun in your life, and I'm bored. So it's a win win." I sighed loudly and gave in.

"Can you just get me out of here for a bit?" He grinned brightly at me and put his arm over my shoulder as we started walking again.

"Yeah—no." I said and pushed his arm right off me again.

We walked over to his car which was parked under the house in a garage. I didn't know him, but he seemed like the type of guy who doesn't give a fuck. And I needed that right now.

"Where to Miss?" He asked with his head high acting as if I was his queen or something.

I laughed a bit and answered in the same tone. "May you take me to the closest drive in? I'm feeling quite hungry this evening." He chuckled in reply and started the car.

+++

I almost moaned as the flavor hit my tongue causing Ezra to laugh. "Never in a million years have someone been this happy about a burger."  He said while watching me eat.

"Hey, stop judging me and care about your own food." We sat in his car on a empty parking lot outside a McDonald's.

It felt like the flavors were exploding in my mouth as I took yet another bite, and it only took a few more seconds before I had eaten it all up.

I sat up straight after finishing my food remembering not to get too comfortable around him.

"You didn't lie about being hungry I see." He smiled taking a sip of his drink.

"It's a long time since I've eaten food like this, that's all." I looked out of the window all of a sudden feeling sad about the memories.

My father never allowed me to eat any sort of junk food. Last time I ate a burger was in fifth grade with my brother and some his friends. When my dad found out he starved us both for the next three days. After that I never dared touch one again. But now that I was here he couldn't see me, so it was ok.

Ezra put all the papers in a bag and threw it in the backseat. "How do you like Silas so far?" His question caused me to face him again.

I raised one eyebrow from the stupidity of his question.

He bursted out in laughter. "Yeah dumb question."

+++

The next day I woke up with a aching pain in my back. What for I didn't know, but all I knew was that it hurt like a bitch.

As I wandered down the stairs something strange caught my eye. At the bottom of the staircase stood a giant box. Nothing on the outside revealed what could hide on the inside.

Out of curiosity I started opening the box. It was taped shut so it took quite a while for me to open.

Just as I was about to open the box I was cut off by the same annoying voice I had hoped not to hear today. "Did I not tell you it was rude to lurk in others stuff?" His voice was deep as I remembered.

I turned my head and found him leaning against the doorway to the kitchen, legs and arms crossed. In his usual white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up revealing those many tattoos.

"Did I not tell you I don't care?" I rolled my eyes and opened the box before he could stop me. Inside was not what I thought I'd find. I had expected something like guns or weapons, but no.

"Are you throwing a party or are you an alcoholic?" I asked in shock of all the bottles of red wine. Only red wine.

I heard his steps behind me. "Thinking that lowly of me already." He said now from my side. I raised my eyebrows for him to get to the point.

"We are having a meeting here tonight with some of the members from my mafia." A meeting with all this alcohol? Yeah sure—I wasn't stupid of course he was having a party. One I clearly wasn't invited to.

Rude.

Authors note:

Sorry it took a while for this chapter to be posted.
I've been busy with school and what not, but I'll try to post more.

In this chapter You've gotten to see a little more of Katherine's past, I'll reveal more later on.

Anyway, do you think Silas is telling the truth about this meeting, or is there a party Katherine clearly isn't invited to?

Quote: Beauty starts in your head, not in your mirror.