Chapter thirty five

Chapter thirty five.
Kathrine's pov:

«Silas, do not pick up the phone." I said carefully so he'd understand the seriousness of this. "He can not know you are alive. He'll kill us both if he does."

Silas threw me the phone and sat down beside me on the bed. "I will not let him touch a single strand on your head again, do you hear me?" He pointed his finger at me so I would know he was just as serious about this as I.

"He wants you dead and once we step foot out of that flight I reckon he won't be very pleased. Either we come up with a plan or we'll have to stay here for eternity." The phone stopped ringing and we both let out a relieved sigh.

"As much as I wouldn't mind staying here with you forever, you're right." He put his head in his hands, thinking it seemed. "If we are both spotted coming back, someone will surely notify him and we'll both be dead, correct?" He glanced at me from the side and I nodded.

Silence again, his head was working all possible options we had. "How important is your fathers wellbeing for you?" He asked which almost caused me to laugh out loud.

"It's not. I would be happy to have him removed from the face of the earth." He nodded as if my wish came out to be no big shock for him. Why would it? I hated the bastard. All my life he'd abused my whole family into respecting him, when in the end it only made us hate him. I respect no man who hits his wife and kids. That is not a real man.

"We could make him believe you finished your task and then—kill him." I finished the sentence for him and he looked up to see my thoughts on that idea.

"I can bring your "body" to him and when he expect to see you dead in a casket, we take him. Two against one." I suggest and almost find myself smiling at the idea of finally being freed from him.

"What if he suspects something is up and has backup?" He asks.

"He won't, because he don't believe in love. Therefore he would never begin to imagine me teaming up against him with the man he thinks a despises." Silas lifted an offensive eyebrow. "What I mean is that he wouldn't think I would team up with you, because he wouldn't think I could actually fall for you."

His smile was wide now, he was grinning from ear to ear. "And you did, huh? You fell for me?" I rolled my eyes and he went on. "You fell in love with me?" God how many times does he have to hear it? Not that I mind saying it, he's just being stupid.

"Yes I fell in love with you, happy? You want to hear it another time as well maybe?" I asked sarcastically, but he gave me a daring look so I just couldn't keep myself from saying it again. "I—love—you." I said it slowly so he'd get it stuck to his mind this time.

"Oh god, I could listen to you say that all day." His eyes fell shut and the smile contained big on his lips. I could see he was replaying every single word in his mind.

"Well back to the real point here. It's a good plan, but we have to find a way to get you out of the airplane without you actually getting out of the airplane." He went back to the seriousness of this conversation. This could after all be a life or death situation for the both of us.

"But if this was real, and I was dead. You would have to get me off the airplane somehow, so why not just do it exactly how you would if I was really dead." He suggested making a fair point. If this were to work we would have to be smart, smarter then my father at least.

"Alright, when do we leave?"

*

We'd went over all the details of how we were to do this. We would fly home tomorrow morning, a car would be waiting for us and a man were to help me carry Silas's body in a bag from the airplane to the car. I would pay him not so discretely and take the car to drive home. We would just have to hope one of my fathers men would be there to spot all this and report back to him.

As I was sitting on the bed just waiting for him so we could go to sleep, something crossed my mind. "Silas!" I yelled a little frantic from the bedroom.

He came rushing in with the toothbrush still in his mouth. "What's wrong?" I wanted to smile and take a picture of this, but what just came to mind was much more important.

"I haven't called my father to confirm." How could we have forgotten about that. "He'll be suspicious as one time you actually took the phone—wait, you didn't say anything to him right?" If he did this was all fucked.

But thankfully he shook his head. "No, I just listened to what he thought he was yelling at you." My shoulders could sink a little again. We might still have hope then.

"I have to call him now then, and set up a meeting. Let's just hope he'll believe me." Silas nodded and threw me the phone from the foot of the bed.

I looked at him once, before pressing my fathers number.

One beep. I knew I could do this.

Two beeps. I had always been good at lying.

No more beeps, because he answered the phone.

I was the first one to speak. "It's done." I made my voice ice cold, free of emotion like it had been a few months ago.

There was a long pause on the other end of the line, so I took this as an opportunity to speak again. "When shall I bring the body to you?"

I knew from all these pauses that he was a little skeptical, but who could blame him. "I'm out of town for some business now, I'll be back in three days time." And we successfully fooled him. "Bring him to the house at Sunday nine pm. Do not be late." He hung up the phone and I could finally breathe again.

*

Silas and I made sure to only have those absolutely necessary at the plane home. We were about an hour away when he randomly pressed his lips to mine.

Once he released me from the kiss I turned fully to my side so I could look at him. "What was that for?" His eyes were tired, dark circles surrounding them. I knew he hadn't had much sleep tonight. This all must have a big impact on his mind.

"I just wanted to kiss you, in case this doesn't go as planned you know." Oh god, he didn't think we were gonna die now, did he? We need the hope, it's the only thing we have right now.

"Don't think like that, this is going to work." He sighed loudly and let his head fall on my shoulder.

"It sucks we can't tell Ezra and Alexander about this, huh?" I asked while brushing my fingers through his dark hair. He responded with a quiet "Mhm". They had probably been through a lot together, and not being able to tell them about this must be hard.

We were close to landing soon, so it was time. The bag was laid out on the floor for him to climb into and so he did. "You sure I'll be able to breathe in here?" He asked concerned.

"We'll just have to wait and see." I smirked about to sip it to the top. "Here, have this just in case." I said at last handing him the knife I had in my boot. He raised an eyebrow suspiciously as he saw I had a knife on me, but I just rolled my eyes and sipped the bag all the way up.

Authors note:

So so so, drama and danger is about to come.

Hope you're ready for it.

Quote: There is never a reason not to chase the ones who make you feel something.